Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadface Posts: 154, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2011, 03:53 AM
    My husband's new friend
    My husband and I have a solid relationship and we recently had a baby.
    However about 6 months ago my husband became really friendly with this guy through work. They work a lot together - self - employed.

Now, there is something about this guy I can't quite put my finger on! He seems nice enough but I feel I couldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

When I tell this to my husband he laughs and tells me he's all right!

My husband is not one to go out alone a lot. However the few times he went out alone with this guy, once he got so drunk he slept on this guys couch and only called me early hours of the morning to say he was coming home but didn't come home till the afternoon.
    This guy took my husband to a strip club! (first time for my husband)
    I find that when he drinks with the guy my husband gets a bit cocky and I don't always like his attitude!
    He spends a lot of time with him. Yesterday all day and when my husband joined me at my friends child baby party he didn't seem to be interested to be there and asked me if we can go to his friend... I said NO!

How would you guys feel about this?

Oh and another incident.. my husband said he was working late in an office as he he had to finish some desks urgently... and came home at 2am ish... and in morning after I told him how late you worked he said I didn't work all that time.. I went for a few drinks with my friend when I was done! And I'm at home thinking how late works!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 11:47 AM

I would be concerned about the drinking, but would say nothing until he is all sobered up.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 02:48 PM

I just read your previous thread (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...ct-211395.html) and I think it is time to work on Communications and working as a couple again.

From what you wrote in the other thread in Nov. 2010 and the time-line you give for when this friendship began, it seems to coincide with the end of your pregnancy and the birth of your child. How involved is he in the care of your son? How much time do you have for each other (if the friend were not in the picture)? Do you still make time to spend time together as a couple?

I agree that you need to talk to him about your concerns about his drinking.

I also think that you are repeating a pattern of things getting involved and him finding diversions. As you were told in that thread, be proactive. Go back to what you learned that helped your marriage survive those issues. When he sobers up set a time to talk with as few distractions as possible.

Jan 31, 2011, 01:04 AM
    He is great with our son. I can't complain in that department.
    The drinking - well he doesn't drink everyday with his friend. Sometimes I have a drink with them too.

My husband and I have date nights once a month. So we are good also.

Apr 27, 2013, 02:12 AM
    This is the guy who made a pass at me!! So I was right about not quite puttin my finger on it.. an dhe is suspicious! A women's gut is always right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Crush on husband's friend [ 21 Answers ]

I have a huge crush on my husband's best friend. My story is a little bit different than the other ones out there. My husband and I have had a very rocky relationship. We have been married for 7 years, and most of that time was like a roller coaster. We have had physical altercations, but...

I have a crush on my husband's friend? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband & I don't get along anymore or have anything in common. I don't love him anymore. His friend talks to me, calls & texts me. But he hasn't come out & said he has feelings for me or anything of the sort. I have developed feelings towards him though. I've moved out temporarily & he knows...

In love with Husband's best friend [ 24 Answers ]

I just recently got married to my high school boyfriend of six years. We have a two year old so together and have never been apart. My husband is the "perfect" man. He is sweet, funning, hardworking, great father and wants everything for me. My husband and I share a close group of best friends...

What to do when you dislike husband's new friend [ 19 Answers ]

My husband recently became friends with someone who is constantly finding excuses to touch me (ex. Putting his arm around me, grabbing my arm, rubbing my back). He "jokingly" said to my husband that I was hot and made other sexual remarks "jokingly". When I said that I was offended and surprised...

View more questions Search