Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mar13118 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 11:29 PM
    Learn 11years old dog to urinate at home in specified place.
    I have an 11years old dog that I have bought her for 1 month. She has the habitude of urinating out side of home, but because of my job I should let him alone at home for 8 or 10 houres and I should learn her to urinate at home in one specified place. At the moment she has urinated on my carpet and on the blanket on her crate.
    How can I learn her?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 12:01 AM

You can't. And a dog should not be alone that many hours per day. It is cruel. Do you have a friend who will come over to walk your dog after four hours and allow her to do her business outside?

If you cannot do that, please give her to a shelter that will find a new home for her.

(It does not sound like you know much about dogs and their needs. This dog trusts you. Please be fair to her.)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 30, 2011, 12:02 AM
    That is cruel. It's like depriving you of a toilet while locked inside. Dogs will try to hold it in until they can get out, and be miserable when they have to go inside. Hire a mid-day dog walker.

There are pads for old and crippled dogs who can barely walk a few feet, but that is different.
    Starbuck17 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Try using Pee-Pee pads

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could you give me place to learn in your university? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir /madam I am from ethiopia and graduated in applied geology from mekelle university.Currently I am Bsc holder and working in Dilla university.I ask you from the bottom of my heart to upgrade my knowlage in your university especially in structural geology and related field.contact me on...

MY dog has been urinate on people! [ 3 Answers ]

My little buddy Tank, a 135 lb eight month old Bullmastiff, has been going to local dog park for four months. His park visits are to help with socializing with other dogs and people. However, Tank has been trying to urinate on the people just standing around. This behavior started about two week...

Where is a good place to learn Nightclub Dance in Dallas [ 1 Answers ]

Specifically, I'd like to know places where they teach the Melbourne Shuffle, Jumpstyle, or Tecktonik.

Dog lifts his leg to urinate outside his crate [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 1 1/2 years old and has been crate trained since he was 6 months old. We returned home the last two nights to find that he had lifted his leg to pee outside the crate. We had taken him out before we left on both occasions. He wasn't alone for more than 4 hours either night and he has...

View more questions Search