Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sister2011 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 11:14 PM
    Have sitster in foster care how can I get custdy of her live in ga?
    My parents was accused of being unfit to care for her and she was placed in foster care. When I first ask for custody I was told I cloud not get her and was given false information about how to get custody of my sister after finding out that I do meet the requirements I will like to know what can I do now to get her out of foster care. And since I live in another part of the state should I just go to the DEACTS in my area to get her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 11:30 PM

Since she is in the system, you will need an attorney, it is a hard process But yes you can start at your local office.

Feb 14, 2011, 07:40 PM

You are right it is a hard process.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 07:59 PM

How old are you and how old is your sister? What is the status of your parents and is there a reunification plan in place?
    Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 08:02 PM

The system in GA once they get fully in it, almost is designed to keep them in the system. ** I am in GA and have dealt with them before.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 08:05 PM

WOW in Illinois DCFS does the placement and it frequently starts with a reunification plan to get them back home as soon as the parent can be responsible. Good to know. Ihad 2 foster kids through DCFS 1 success and 1 stayed until aged out of the system and had 2 kids at 17

Mar 10, 2011, 03:41 PM

I having to do all kinds of wild things for DCFS. I have research and no one else has had to do what they are asking me to do. I got my background and Drug test and that is still not enough I need a lawyer but do not have the money for one any advice. Oh yeah if you say Legal Aid they said that they are to busy to handle DCFS cases.
    Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 03:58 PM

Just had someone I know go though the system to get custody and they were about 1 1/2 years, after dozens of home visits and custody plans.

What are they asking for now ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Foster care? [ 1 Answers ]

Can my parents give up their rights and put me in foster care? My step mom wants me to go. Can she do that? My mom has no legal custody of me. My dad and step mom have full guardianship. Im kind of worried

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

If my rights where taken from one of my other kids , can they take my right from my other child that I had that they took a 18 moths old??

View more questions Search