Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennaroo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Egg white or yolk, which becomes the chicken?
    I always believed that the egg yolk supplies food for the growing chick inside the egg shell. Is that true, and if it is, what is the egg white for? :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 03:09 PM
    The egg yolk if fertalized becomes the chicken. The "white" is similar to the amneotic fluid in the human, it supplies the nutrients for growth.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Agrees with J_9 - the yolk becomes the chicken and the whites are the nourishment for the chick. But, as J_9 stated, the yolk needs to be fertilized in order for the process to begin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stinky Rotten Egg Hot Water [ 18 Answers ]

I know several questions have been posted on this topic, but here is my situation and I am hoping someone will have a few words of wisdom. My home is 2 yrs old and I am on well water-very hard well water. I had no problems with taste, smell etc. except the hard water spots until now. In Feb....

Any healthy egg roll or wonton recipes out there? [ 2 Answers ]

My kids love egg rolls and won tons, I know there kind of healthy, any recipes or suggestions how I can make them?? :confused:

Chicken pox [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am pregnant for 4 months and never had chicken pox before. This weekend I am planning to see my teacher who's child has been infected with chicken pox. My teacher has not been infected maybe because she had it before. Now, I worry that my teacher might carry the virus (not infected by...

Rotten-egg / sewage smell in home [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been experiencing a rotten-egg / sewage smell in my home. It occurs mainly in the summertime but it is not constant. The smell seems to be stirred up by two simultaneous events: (1) running water down the kitchen sink, and (2) the central air-conditioning kicking on. It is...

View more questions Search