Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TF3Fan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Please any computer people HELP ME PLEASE!!
    Hi, I have a question for anyone that is into computers and knows a lot about software and all that. I was online looking for info about some stuff and this weird page popped up and had like a video. I didn't know what it was so I pressed the play icon and all of a sudden the download window popped up and said save file? I clicked it not knowing d a screen popped up saying this file is unknown and may contain a virus. I clicked OK and then ran Mcafee Total Protection and it said there was 1 File infected by a virus and I wondered if that meant the file that had been saved, or if it was just as regular file and if it was the one that was saved, how can I delete it? It would Be greatly appreciated.
    Network_Admin Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2011, 03:19 PM
    Run a full system scan with your Mcafee Total Protection updated to the latest definition update file. It should clean or quarantine the file. I will need more details if you still need help.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 04:17 PM

I agree with Network_Admin. Let this be a lesson for next time. Why click and play something you are unsure of?
    jljayaram Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Feb 5, 2011, 06:39 AM
    Yes you need to delete the downloaded file if that file is infected.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 15, 2011, 03:42 PM
    Now that you have had a fright take the actions that Network Admin and IT student2006 suggest and make sure that you operating system, applications and Anti virus software and definitions are up to date. Most people who get infected are infected by exploits that have already been patched.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Message on shut down, other people are using this computer are you sure you want to close [ 2 Answers ]

I get this message when shutting down, other people are logged in using this computer are you sure you want to shut down. I am the only one ever logged into this computer what does this mean.

Can people see my iPod touch internet history from their computer? [ 1 Answers ]

I am using my neighbor's wifi connection to access the internet on my iPod touch can they see the websites I've been to? By the way I have their permission to use their website

My computer can't download and receive files from other people [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me. My computer can't save the files that I download over the internet and I don't know why. Also, my friends tried sending me songs in Yahoo messenger but when it's almost complete, all of them stops. My cousin used this computer maybe a week ago and I don't know what he did with it....

Shutting down, I get message other people are logged on to my computer [ 6 Answers ]

I seem to recall a similar question on this board somewhere, but I'm not pulling it up in the search, so please forgive me... When I go to shut down, I get a message that says other people are logged on to my computer and shutting down will cause them to lose information. This is not people...

Logmein Free: Setting up other people so I can access their computer [ 12 Answers ]

I get questions from friends about their computer and would like to offer them setting themselves up so that I can access their computer. I understand that they need to install logmein free, but where do they go from there to allow themselves to be accessed by me? Thanks!

View more questions Search