Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tranehelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 01:26 PM
    Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump, 2 Ton TWP024C, circuit breaker keeps tripping
    I have a 1997 Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump. We had a heavy snowfall this week and the indoor twin 25A circuit breaker tripped. I tried to reset the breaker but it instantly trips (won't even latch momentarily).

I removed the top/fan assembly and are checking thr capacitors and other circuits. I am measuring ~1.6 ohm across R to C terminal on the compressor. That seemd very low even for a inductive load of a heat pump compressor. Can anyone tell me what typical DC resistance measurements are for a Trane heat pump compressor? Thanks in advance.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Check resistance from R to ground, C to ground, S to ground on the compressor. If the wires are removed from the compressor and you check from compressor post and detect a ground the compressor is bad. It's a process of elimination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breaker tripping on electric well pump [ 9 Answers ]

I have an electric well pump which trips the circuit breaker. The pump does not seem to work. I can reset the breaker but it trips again after five minutes or so. Do I have a pump problem or an electrical problem?

Water pump circuit breaker tripping [ 0 Answers ]

We had a thunderstorm followed by power outage last night, this morning I went to use the water and it slowly went dead. I began by inspecting the pressure tank and pressure control switch, then found the outside water pump breaker was tripped, upon resetting the water was back on! But wait,...

Why is my circuit breaker keep tripping on a submersible water pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a submersible water about 300 feet or so. When the breaker trips I turn it on it stays on for a little bit 10 to 30 minutes then trips. What's wrong, all this started after a bad rain storm.

Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump and am trying to install a programmable Honeywell RTH7500 thermostat and have an extra wire. The previous thermostat was a manual Trane. I connected the Blue wire to the C terminal, the Yellow wire to the Y terminal, the Green wire to the G terminal, the Orange...

Trane XE 1200 heat pump not cooling well. [ 3 Answers ]

My Trane XE 1200 unit (2001) has really been struggling since the temperature has increased to the 90's. It works very hard to cool only a few degrees. The compressor is an outside unit and the air handler is in the attic. Today when I got home it took 2 hours to cool 3 degrees from 87 to 84. ...

View more questions Search