Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newhomeowner20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 08:36 AM
    Need help: Furnace blowing, but no heat
    This morning I woke up to my house feeling colder than normal. I looked at the thermostat and even though the house was still set at the typical temperature, it was 10 degrees colder. The furnace seemed to be blowing cold air. So I turned the thermostat off so that I could go look at the furnace without being nervous or scared, but the fan only kept running (no off option for the fan on my thermostat). I figure out how to turn the furnace fan off once downstairs, but that's all I figured out. It's a gas furnace but I don't see a pilot light or even where the pilot light would be, except maybe inside this box that has a window. I know nothing about furnaces, and I just bought my house in October, so haven't looked at the furnace really. The furnace only says "Enviro Plus 90" and "RJII" on the outside, so I do not know who made it. I tried looking at other questions on here, but none of them helped since I see no green or red lights anywhere. Any advice before I call someone to help me who looks at me like I'm an idiot and paying for something I am sure I should be able to fix on my own?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 08:44 AM

Turn all power back on to the furnace, wait 5 minutes and then look into that small window you noticed inside the box. There should be some small lights showing a code. Could be one or two green lights either flashing or steady, do you see them? You will not actually see a pilot light ever on this furnace. Today's furnaces do not have pilot and employ either a spark igitor or glow coil

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blowing but no heat/ only cold air [ 3 Answers ]

The furnace that I have has the round thermos stat, when I turn it to 80 or up the furnace don't ignite, but if I. Go to the furnace it's a button to turn on manual, it start blowing. Now as the furnace is blowing its cold air coming out the ducks, an the pilot light is lit, what can I do?

Ultra 80 furnace keep blowing without heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ultra sx80 furnace for 10 years old, It keep running and blowing without heat.

Furnace warm but no heat blowing [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is a gas hot air furnace. The furnace feels warm to the touch, and the heat pipe from the furnace is very warm, but the blower is not coming on no matter how I set the thermostat. Is it likely the blower motor or the thermostat? I can feel that the baseboard heater in the bathroom is...

Furnace blowing air but not sufficient to heat the house [ 3 Answers ]

We recently had to replace the blower motor, fan, and capacitor in our furnace. The furnace is blowing air but not sufficient to actually heat the house. Any suggestions on what this new problem maybe?

Old coleman electric furnace not blowing heat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have an old coleman electric furnace in my home that isn't putting out any heat. It will only come on when I put it in manual and I have it set for heat. I know the blower works because it puts out plenty of air. Even with the thermostat put on over 70 degrees it still won't kick on by...

View more questions Search