Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milspouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 03:05 PM
    Money transfer from a spouse account to another account
    My spouse is in the Military living in another state and has been receiving BAH. Half of the BAH was alloted to a joint account for me to take care of the bills where I live. However, he has stop the allotment and refuse to send me $1. I have been monitoring his checking account and he has been spending the money freely. I've been told that spouse in the Military are suppose to support their family. Can charges be brought against me if I open an account and transfer money?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 03:42 PM

My immediate suggestion is to talk to a base Chaplin in your area. That is the best place to go to get directions on your next step.

I would suggest that you consider talking to his commanding officer, but if he is out of state, the best place to start is the Chaplin's office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you "reclassify" money in a Notes Payable account to an Equity Account? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm the bookkeeper for a small, privately owned, company. When the owner originally purchased the company, he borrowed money from Joan (his mom) as well as his personal finances. These loans were booked (in QuickBooks) as two separate Notes Payable. Now the company is going out of business. The...

Can take money from personal account to pay off overdraft in joint account [ 1 Answers ]

I have my own personal account but I still have a joint account with my soon to be x husband, this account is now overdrawn thanks to him, and he is paying no money in to this account when it gets to the limit can the bank take money without my permision out of my own account to pay off the joint...

Foreing money transfer to and fro US account [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Me and my wife moved from Australia to US 2 years ago. This year I have transferred 65K USD from my US account to her Australian account and after 6 months she has returned same money back to my US account. These transaction were wire transfer from bank to bank. Do I or my wife need to pay any...

Transfer owned money from India to USA in owned Bank Account [ 2 Answers ]

I'm NRI and staying in USA.I wish to file my Green Card as my H1 Visa is to be expired shortly.I wish to have our funds(My and of my wife,who is on H4 Visa)from India ,which is with Indian Banks of which tax has been paid as per Indian Incometax rules.How should the Funds to be transferred legally...

Transfer from overseas account to my US account [ 1 Answers ]

I need to transfer money from an overseas account that is not in my name to my US bank account. What happens if I receive over $10,000 dollars? It is reported and then what? Do I have to pay taxes on it? Am I flagged in the system? Is it 10,000 per year or per transfer? Can I make 2 transfers of...

View more questions Search