Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsarson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Getting insurance as a contractor
    I currently have no health insurance because I just started working on a contract basis. How to I get insurance as a contractor? I don't make much so I am looking at the cheapest option
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Go to several online insurance web sites, Google health insurance you will get a few hundred and get some quotes, go talk to some of your local agents, Farm Bureau, some independent agents and so on.

What you get is just individual insurance also if you are low income, some states have insurance though the state

There is really no "cheap" health insurance, you can have higher and higher deductables. That cover major hospital stays but will not cover going to the doctor or prescriptions. The better coverae you want, the more you have to pay. Also your age and your health will be factors, If you are older and have medical problems you may not even be able to get insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contractor Suit [ 3 Answers ]

Next month I will be representing myself in small claims court (called Warrant in Debt in Virginia). I am suing a contractor who installed tile in my bedroom suite. The tile began popping up and coming loose within a month of installation. My question is pretty basic: Do I present my...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Judgement against Contractor [ 1 Answers ]

Any suggestion on getting a contractor to pay my court judgement? I have one of his bank account #, but he has no money in the account. Is there another way to get more information on him? He just became a US Citizen and has no social security number? Signed Frustrated!!

Help! I'm about to call a contractor! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I have two Carrier AC units, one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs. Last year, both units worked fine. Now, my upstairs unit is not working. The fan on both the inside and the outside is working, but it is not blowing cold air. My downstairs unit blows fine. Now, I know very...

Contractor [ 2 Answers ]

This might be a silly question but here goes, I am a middle aged man wanting to start a painting business, a career change if you will? But do I need some kind of contractors license to do this? I paint fantastic and pretty good in faux painting. How would I get by without getting sued for being a...

View more questions Search