Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kripple Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 09:54 AM
    My drive doesn't read anything!
    So I've got win7 and my drive doesn't read any type of disc.
    I insert the disc and noting happends,I check in My Computer and I see only the Local disc (C:) and the BD-ROM Drive (E:)
    Please help ;S
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jan 28, 2011, 10:47 AM
    Did you add the bd-rom drive yourself? Optical drives attached to an IDE connector (the ribbon) instead of Sata (the smaller flat wire) have jumpers in the back to instruct them to act as master or slave. Mastered drives should go on the terminal end of the ribbon and slaves in the middle. If you have the OS's C drive on the ribbon, it must be mastered and the optical on the same ribbon slaved. If you just add a BD-rom drive and its set to master from the factory and your old drive was set to master too, there is a conflict and the one in the middle of the ribbon needs to be set to slave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD drive won't read CDs. [ 3 Answers ]

It was working fine all day today until I put in a newly burnt CD-R (burnt on another computer, by the way, this one is just a plain cdrom drive), a CD-R which seems to have been faulty (if that's possible). This CD had nothing but video files (no audio), but when I put it into the computer Windows...

CD/DVD Drive doesn't read anything [ 2 Answers ]

So this is how it happened. The other day I bought a few items to upgrade my desktop. First item up was a new power supply. OK, simple 5min and it was done. Next was a hard drive... this is where I caught a problem with my DVD/CD drive. It was working the day before and the only thing I changed...

My cd drive will not read cd [ 1 Answers ]

My cd drive will not read cd? I am running a dell latitude c810 and windows xp

My CD Drive doesn't read cd's. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HP laptop, and I've been trying to either listen to music or watch a dvd, and it won't read anything. My OS is Vista, and the only answers I can find on here for people with the same problem are running XP. So please help!

View more questions Search