Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anyhope91 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Girlfriend wants a break... small problem
    Ok, so this is my situation...

I am in high school, and I met this girl at the beginning of the year who I really liked, and she liked me back and all was fine.
    I never really treated her like a "serious" girlfriend, although I would take her out occasionally. Now, she decided to break up with me, on the basis that she wanted to be friends. We had been going out for half a year, and this was a perfectly understandable reason, although it might not have been the truth... whatever, I don't really mind

Now, in the past week that she left me, we hung out a lot and just talked about pretty much anything, including the break-up, for a brief amount of time.
    A few days later, she told me that our relationship might not be over, and that she wanted a break from it, so she kissed(lips) me and that was it...

Okay... so far so good, my problem is this: I know that I have to try and not contact her, show her that I'm perfectly fine w/o her and that my life is all right, to let her want what "she can't have", the problem is that we go to school together so I see her every day and have all my classes with her. Also, on weekends we always hang out in the same places, and I don't want to give up chilling in my favorite spots just because she's going to be there...
    My question is, is there a way that I can be around her a lot, but still make her desire me? To pretend that I don't need/want her but still be around her? Again I am basically forced to be with her most of the time...
    She also really wants to be friends, I would be fine with this... but is it really the best thing to get her back?

Thanks for any help
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I wouldn't wait for anyone to come back. Just enjoy your life without her and date others and have a good time. You don't have to fall all over her to impress, just be polite friendly and unavailable. Stay busy. Doing stuff to get a female back is a fools game and a waste of time. Better to enjoy your life and let her enjoy hers.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 03:53 PM
    It shouldn't be an act.

If you just make sure you smile a lot and generally have a good time with your buddies then I'm sure you'll will not only look as though you are having a good time, you probably will be having a good time.

So no act, just honesty and you'll realise it isn't a matter of winning girls back. They will more than likely come flocking to you because you look like such a great guy to be around!

Be yourself with your mates, laugh a lot and just enjoy life in general and everything will be good!

Jan 15, 2007, 11:47 PM
    Well, yea I have a bunch of old friends which I haven't talked to in a while that I should probably contact, and I know that a lots of times girls are just "letting you down easy" by saying they want a break... but why the kiss? I asked a girl friend(friend that's a girl) about this, and she said that she might be insecure... or that she wants me to show that I care about her.

Could this be possible? I'm still going to give her a break no matter what, since she did ask for one...

Jan 16, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Please people, why the kiss? Could it be some werid game she's playing or something..

All my friends have no idea what this means... :-/
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Honestly the kiss meant nothing!

Could have actually been a good bye kiss to mention it.

Like thanks for the memories but its time for me to move on and say good bye. Kiss, and off into the sunset she goes!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Although you are compelled to be in her company a lot of the time, you can still be aloof towards her. In class, don't speak to her ; be busy with your studies. Do you sit near her in class? If so, can you change your seat? When hanging out on the weekend, continue the same air of aloofness that you're going to exhibit in school. Socialize and be friendly with other people. Let her realize that with you there's no "break" ; it's either all or nothing. After all, you're not going to tie yourself down to one person while you wait for her to make up her mind. That isn't fair to you and makes you look like a pushover in her eyes. Having a happy, satisfying life without her will win her respect and possibly her affection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend And I On Break, Be There For Her? [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend are on break, her choice not mine, but we are also best friends in ever way and we both love each other more then anything, and I really mean that its not a silly high school relationship this is real, we've both felt it. I know I should go with the break and go check out...

Girlfriend wants to break up... [ 13 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend have been going out for 7 months and then just out of the blue she starts cryng while I'm talking on the phone with her and says she wants a break, and it hit me hard real hard, I had no idea what to do and I was all confused and hurt and feeling like crap. And then the next...

My girlfriend wants a break... [ 12 Answers ]

Ive been with my girlfriend for over two years now. Im a junior in college and she just started this year. She lives at school but its only like a 45 min drive from where I live. We have a great relationship. We both love each other very much and would do anything for each other. But over the past...

Girlfriend Says She Needs A Break [ 29 Answers ]

Well To Give A Little Heads Up On What Happened... Before We Were Dating She Knew Most Of My Family For A While And That's How I Met Her. Well We Were Dating For About 6-7 Months And Then Out Of The Blue She Said She Is Getting Too Stressed Out With Her Issues In Her Life And My Insecuritys . Now I...

Girlfriend wants a 'small' break :( [ 63 Answers ]

Hey all, thank you so much for reading and commenting as I am a 16 year old very hurt person! 2 Days ago (1st November), I walked my girlfriend back to her house from college as I usually do being the gentleman I am lol! She seemed to be very quiet on the way, so when we got there, I gave her a...

View more questions Search