Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pia31 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Criminal Background
    How can I get my criminal backgroung cleared if I did something 12 years ago?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Was it a misdeamer or a felony. Were you a minor at the time or a adult.

Assuming you were a adult, you have to make a motion with the court where the conviction happened, to have it explunged. It will take it off any public background check, It will always be available to police and national security background searches. But it would not show up for standard work background checks
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 03:29 PM
    A lot depends on what you did and how old you were. If you were a juvenile at the time then it's likely that your record has been expunged. If you weren't, you may still be able to apply to have the record sealed. However, a 12-year-old offense, unless it was a violent one, isn't likely to come back and "haunt you." It might affect your ability to get a job where you'd need to be bonded, but other than that it really shouldn't be much of a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal History [ 7 Answers ]

I have been told that after a 10 year period - a person does not have to disclose their criminal history on employment applications. Can anyone confirm this statement.

I'm not the criminal [ 4 Answers ]

Confused: Is there any forums available that could help me deal with my feelings on the way my twenty-four year old daughter has chosen to live her life? She has been in jail two times for shoplifting. Drugs are involved, she won't work (couldn't pass a drug test)! She has gone such an extreme...

Is your neighbor a criminal? [ 36 Answers ]

Hello: Do you think the government has any clue about what it does?? Recently, the state of Washington made playing online poker a felony. Yup – a class C felony, just like sex offenders. Now, I would like you to think about this for a minute. Here we have, let's say 1,000 ordinary...

Criminal background 12 yrs.ago... [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to go back to school in the medical field; I'm offered job placements through where I graduated .Do I have to worry about possibility of rejection because of a past record-over 10yrs.ago?! I've been told it shouldn't be that big of a deal... but,I have concerns because school...

Criminal Investigation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to become a crime scene investigator. I have a BA in sociology and I am currently going to school for anotherassociates degree in criminal justice and a certificate in forensic science. Does anyone know what I need to do to get this type of job? What type of classes I need? ANy types of...

View more questions Search