Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stupinska Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Am I entiteled to refund of purchase?
    I would like to ask if I am entilted to refund for purchase. I bought item and when I've got it I realise that I didn't get what I was promised to get. Not even that but I was charged for 10 items instead of 9 and I only got 8. When I phoned up company I purchased with, they told me they will correct theyr fault but I don't want it anymore, because I am dissapointed and just put off by whole experience. I just want my money back.What can I do.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 05:10 PM

Was this via Ebay, or another online shopping site?

If it's Ebay, read the sellers site. Many times they will put in small print something along the lines of "I do not guarantee that the products pictured on my ad will be exactly as shown. No refunds or exchanges". Basically saying that you won't get what they're advertising, but something close enough. I never buy from those sellers.

If that's the case, and you bought them anyway, I don't see how you'll get your money back. You could try, but if they had a disclaimer it's not likely.

You should however be reimbursed for the products you didn't get, and didn't order.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 06:33 PM

Did you purchase these items with a credit card? If so, then possibly you can enlist their help as they have a department to handle conflicts.

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 07:46 PM

Not enough info,

But what is that companies policy, many companies take things back only in or with packaging. Next others may charge a re-stock fee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examp [ 10 Answers ]

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examples

What is entry for sales accounted in purchase & purchase in sales [ 1 Answers ]

I want journal entries for the above questions

Lease/purchase down payment refund [ 13 Answers ]

We put three thousand down and contributed 100 a month for 18 months towards the down payment on a home purchase but was unable to obtain financing due to the economic downturn. Is all or part of those monies refundable

Refund on deposit for car purchase [ 1 Answers ]

I put down a $3,000.00 deposit on a car, with the understanding that the dealership put on two new snowtires. The next day I canceled the deal and the owner says he is charging me $414.00 for putting on the tires, even though I did not buy the car. Can he legally do that? It seems like dirty trick...

Refund without proof of purchase [ 1 Answers ]

What is the law on getting a refund on faulty clothing without proof of purchase??

View more questions Search