Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richard1003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 03:01 PM
    A weird math question in a test exam?
    If a person is 83 and a half years old (11hrs 58 min) and there life span is a 12 hour clock how old will they be at 12 hours or in two minutes..
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 03:13 PM

Please clarify the question - what do you mean by "83 and a half years old (11hrs 58 min)?" And what do you mean by "there life span is a 12 hour clock?" I'm guessing that what you mean is the person was born 83 and a half years plus 11 hours, 58 minutes ago? And that the person uses a 12-hour clock - is that right?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2011, 03:27 PM

I believe it is a ratio type problem. What they mean is that the person's entire life can be represented by 12 hours. They are near the end of their life at 11 hours and 58 minutes, which is analogous to 83 1/2 years.

If 83 1/2 years is 11 hrs and 58 minutes, how many years is 12 hours?

More accurately, years old at 12 o'clock.

I reckon I done that correctly. :confused:
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jan 27, 2011, 08:35 PM
    Comment on galactus's post
    Agreed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a job physical exam require a drug test [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting a physical tomorrow for a job and a tb test they did not say any thing about a drug test. Are they going to do a drug test during the physical I took a blue xanax and a perc 15 last night if I drink water and go late in the afternoon tomorrow will it show up if they do give me a test?...

CPA exam IT Auditing question [ 1 Answers ]

It is a multiple choice but I can't find the answer anywhere and I've looked all over the internet. Here it is: An inexperienced computer operator mounted an incorrect version of the accounts receivable master file on a tape drive during processing. Because of this error, the entire...

Fail drug test on salce exam [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I was trying to get on the divert program and they did a surprise drug test and I had smoked the weekend before so I know I failed does anyone no what will happen next I have not been put on probation or anything yet and this is my first legal problem

Practice exam for compass test [ 1 Answers ]

for all x>0 and y>0, the radical expression √x 3√x - √y is equivalent to : 3x - √y 9x + y 3x - √xy

Exam question [ 1 Answers ]

Sunshades Awnings had the following purchases and sales during the fourth quarter of 2005. Beginning inventory as of 9/30/05 was $0 on hand. Purchase DatePurchase Qty Unit/Cost Sale DateSale Qty Price/Unit 10/10/05 100 $2.00 10/2/05 450 ...

View more questions Search