Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notenough Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 12:23 PM
    3rd party creditor on secured debt
    We were behind on our 2nd mortgage payments almost 2 years ago and came to an agreement with the original creditor to make 24 monthly payments and call it even. At the end of the 24 months, they would remove their lien (mortgage) and we would be paid in full. Now, 6 months from our paid in full date (and we have been current on every payment), a collection agency is calling for a 3rd party creditor who is saying THEY (the 3rd party creditor) own this debt and that they never agreed to the payment plan. The lien on our property is still in the name of the original creditor. The collection agency is not being cordial about this (imagine that). What could be going on? How can we get to the bottom of this and not be out the $1000s of payments we have already made?

Check out some similar questions!

3rd party collection on my credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

I was disabled in march 2006 ,still waiting for a disability hearing . After sending out a letter of explanation and doctors reports to the 5 credit cards I was using . One of them decided to turn my account over for collection. I have never denied that I owe the debt , But until I receive some...

Sued by 3rd party debt collector [ 2 Answers ]

I was served court papers today. When I read it it stated that I am getting sued for an old debt that is 5,000 + interest, late fees, etc. I stopped paying this debt in 2005 when I lost my job, I had to keep a roof over my families head, food on the table, and I had to take care of my 2 boys....

Credit card debt & a 3rd party collector [ 3 Answers ]

To be honest my credit card debt to American Express has gotten up to about $12,000 because of all the interest. It has been sent to GC Services, a third party collector. I am in school and will be done for the summer in about a month and will be working full-time then but am only working...

3rd Party Legal Entitlement on Unsecured Debt [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Even though this is my first post on AskMeHelpDesk, I have frequented the site on a semi-regular basis. Generally, my questions are already answered. But, I think I have a problem with this one. :confused: I have an Unsecured Debt, (Credit Card), that was charged off and sold to a...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.