Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2011, 11:46 AM
    Is it redundant to drink kefir and take penicillin at the same time.
    I asked several doctors about this and I got different answers. Kefir is a lactose drink that supports your immune system with pro-biotic bacteria. Penicillin is an antibiotic that kills bacteria. So if I drink kefir and take penicillin at the same time, does the kefir's effect become negated?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 11:55 AM

No. Penicillin is for a specific situation; kefir benefits the entire body.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 11:56 AM

There are different types of bacteria. So don't worry about pennicilin and kefir; neither will harm the other. They will act independently and do their own job in your body.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic to Penicillin. What Else Can I Take for Infected Tooth That Ruptured? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a infected toothe the ruptured and have not had time to go to the dentist and I am allergic to all the penacillen family what else can I take till I get to the dentist

How do I get over X and yes I know redundant [ 3 Answers ]

I have read these forums up and down and honestly I have tried a lot of the suggestions already posted to no avail. It might be just because I am a weak willed person with no real convictiono and although I know we are not meant to be together now I so hope that in the future we are meant to be...

View more questions Search