Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TimPotvin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 11:29 AM
    Briggs & Stratton Engine # 445777 0154-E1 - Governor Adjustment
    I have Briggs & Stratton Engine # 445777 0154-E1, while running the tractor it began it throttled up high and would not slow down, shut it down - now I cannot find information on how to adjust the govenor or what needs to be replaced.

Check out some similar questions!

Valve adjustment on 14.5HP Briggs and Stratton engine [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having starting issues with my MTD riding mower with the single cylinder Briggs and Stratton 14.5 OHV engine. It appears I need to adjust the valves. I have a round metal feeler gauge, but have never done this before. Can someone give me a step-by-step procedure for this task, in very simple...

Can you adjust the governor on a briggs and stratton fun power? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Manco Go Kart with a 5hp Briggs and Stratton Fun Power Engine (Model# 136212-0026-01) The engine idles and runs great. You can throttle it up by hand from the engine without a problem, but when you step on the gas pedal it will run open for a second then lose throttle response, maxing out...

Governor On a Briggs and Stratton 11 HP [ 1 Answers ]

When I change carbs on my engine I had to change all the linkage including governor arm. Can someone tell me the proper procedure for adjusting the governor. If I turn it one way it runs wide open all the time, If I turn it the other way, the throttle will change speed, as I move throttle,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.