Ask
    jon2uok Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 06:43 PM
    How many tons of rebar are sold in the USA anually
    Tons of rebar sold anually in US
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2011, 11:22 AM

This question interested me and I googled high and low and I was sure I could pin it down--but I couldn't.
    The only thing I could find was that Nucor (4th largest steel producer in U.S.) referred to 385,000 tons in 3 quarters of 07 which would translate to about 500,000 tons in a year. I know that isn't much but we can assume that the number is in the multi-millions of tons I think.
    This is the site where I got that little bit of info.:
    Nucor Corporation | Nucor Reports Results for First Nine Months and Third Quarter of 2007

The best source is probably Engineering News R (ENR)ecord but it requires a subscription of about $10 per month.
    manhattan42 Posts: 143, Reputation: 11

Jan 28, 2011, 07:58 PM
    More importantly (to me at least) would be how many tons of rebar sold in the US every year is actually MADE in the US.

Little, if any, I would expect...

I would expect most to be imported from China... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should Rebar Be Placed in a New Driveway or Patio [ 7 Answers ]

Talking with a builder this weekend they mentioned rebar is not a standard feature in the concrete for the drive way or the covered patio in the back. It's about $1.00 per sq ft to have it installed. What are the advantages to adding rebar into the concrete for the driveway? Do I need it?

Mesh or Rebar in Concrete - Which is better [ 3 Answers ]

At somepoint I am going to have to replace my concrete patio (long story!). Concrete contractors have proposed 6/6/10/10 welded wire reinforcement and 1/2 inch rebar. Each suggests one is better than the other. It will be 3000 psi cretet and 4 " thick. What do people here suggest between the...

How to use rebar in a block wall [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I've read all the answers on How to build a cinder block wall using re-bar and concrete. My question is: How is the re-bar set in the footing to secure it and keep it standing straight up. Is the concrete put into the footing, a cinder block put down onto the wet concrete and then the...

Rebar and moving toilets [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move a toilet in an existing bathroom, but it is on a slab that has rebar. Can this be done without jeopardizing the integrity of the foundation?

Rebar in foundations [ 2 Answers ]

If you have an old foundation that does not have rebar, and you are going to tear down the existing house and rebuild. Is there a way to reinforce with rebar in the existing foundation?

View more questions Search