Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Jan 26, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Removed Air Gap, Using Loop. Now there is a leak
    Recently Removed the Airgap (which would have water coming from it). I am using a Loop now, the loop wraps up HIGH (touches the countertop). Since removing this, I see water at the front of the Dishwasher.

I took the Black Hose off the Garbage Disposal to check for blockage... none :/

I need to check for blockage in the hose itself though. I was wondering if there are other issues that can cause my problem. (I've done as much research as I could, hoping someone has some advice.) MassPlumber and Speedball always seem to have good answers ;)

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 26, 2011, 06:32 PM

It would help the other if you mention this is a dishwasher. High loop is fine in most machines but not code in some states. Switching to a high loop shold not cause this. When it drains do you hear a flush of water into your disposer?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 26, 2011, 07:10 PM

Probably just coincidence unless you replace drain hose and didn't get good connection to dishwasher. Remove dishwasher kick plate and see where water is coming from.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2011, 09:19 PM
    Are you sure it's coming from the drain pipe? The fill valve is in front and has fittings that are sometimes hard to tighten.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 08:05 AM

Yeah... all good points above! I would remove the front access panel as Harold and Ma0641 suggested and see what you see.

Certainly could be coincidence and be the water connection, the seal at the dishwasher door or even a disjoined hose at the discharge line (under dishwasher).

Please anser Ballengerb1's question and then let us know what you discover, OK?

Mark

Jan 28, 2011, 07:28 AM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    I'll check this tonight. Sorry for the late reply but the website was not letting me access any reply's. . said "3" replies, when I clicked it, it said "no one has answered." :/. . your feedback is appreciated

Jan 28, 2011, 07:34 AM
    By the way, I can't seem to edit the title and add dishwasher.. . is there a way to do this?

Feb 2, 2011, 10:13 AM
    Ran the dishwasher twice since this and no leak. Maybe it was just a coincidence. All seems to be fine. Thank you all for your feedback.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the update!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Specifications i.e. spark plug gap,tappet gap hot & cold, air gap [ 1 Answers ]

I need these specs for a briggs & stratton Vanguard 16 hp v-twin ohv engine. Model no 303442.Thank u very much Jan

Geothermal direct exchange ground loop leak [ 2 Answers ]

We have had a small leak of coolant in our geothermal direct exchange airconditioning system for about 4 years which the service company could never locate on any of the exposed pipes or units. It recently started leaking faster and the company tested all the pipes and determined it was in all...

Air admittance valve or Loop? [ 5 Answers ]

Our kitchen sink has two 2" ABS drains straight through the floor, where I assume they come together. The basement is finished, so I don't have access below the kitchen floor. The sink is on an island, so there is no way to vent through the roof. The original plumbing used a loop just below...

Air Gap, yes or no? [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Sherrie McIntyre and I live in Washington State. I have a home that was built in 1952. I am replacing the drain pipes under my sink after removing a non-working, non-repairable dishwasher. It was an under the sink model and we will not be replacing it at this time. I discovered that...

DW Vent or Air Gap loop? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello - I have a DW that is vented and then runs to just below the double sink opposite the disposal. I want to install a new faucet and would like to make a Looped air gap rather than use the vent on top of the counter. Do I have to loop it through the disposal or could I just go with...

View more questions Search