Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdgz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Pregnant after IUD removal
    I used a copper IUD for five years after my second son. I had my IUD removed about 2/3 months ago. Had unprotected sex, just using the withdrawal method with no ejaculations. Since the removal of my IUD I became a bit late with my period, late 2-5 days. Now I'm 15 days late with no pregnancy symptoms. I did a first response test 3 days ago but didn't use the morning urine and it came back negative. I'm a bit confused since I have no symptoms and I had been secreating a clear jelly like but no pink or sign of even getting my period. Please help.
    mitch_082107 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 11:21 AM
    I am going through the same thing as you. I had mine in for 2 years. But we all know there is "some" ejaculation when you are having unprotected sex.
    I took a test also and mine was negative. So I'm wondering how long it takes for your body to readjust after it is removed
    LLTJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 08:11 AM
    I am really hoping you get some info on your question.. I am in the same situation.

Always had very irregular periods which does not help. After my IUD removal I had one normal period about 4 days later, now for 6 weeks nothing except a tiny bit of pink in my mucus (also using withdrawal method for now.) No pregnancy symptoms... so when and how can I get my periods regular, I would love to conceive in a few months but charting my cycle so I know when I ovulate seems impossible.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 09:16 AM

J_9 or Doula are the ones to answer this one, they love pregnancy questions :p

You do know that the withdrawal method is not a form on contraception?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 10:35 AM

If you were irregular before the IUD, chances are you will be after it is removed. Generally, with the copper IUD, you should resume regular cycles upon removal since there are no hormones involved, of course not everyone will follow the norm.

It will be very individual, so it may not be wholly unexpected for it to take a couple of cycles for your body to adjust to a new norm.
    If pregnancy is a possibility, I'd try another test in a week's time if still no period. If still negative, see what happens when the next period would be due. Test if need be at that time or see your doctor if you continue to not have periods resume... and of course if you happen to notice any other possible pregnancy symptoms.
    yasmin20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 01:45 PM

This is same as me I had my copper coil removed 28th June I am now a week late no signof my period at all, and pregnancy tests all saying negative not sure if I am or not pregnant as have got a few signs but not possitive test
    I had coild removed on first day of my period and not seen nothing since any advise or help please
    tracy15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 08:40 PM
    Hey there I'm having same problem, when had copper iud in had periods just about fortnightly, since having it removed have had one light period and then nothing and its been 6 weeks. Sex with condom and pregnancy test negative, feel like have pmt and keep thinking its coming... but not!
    MrsMame Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 06:14 PM
    Hello to all the fellow confused ladies!

I had my last period Jan 14th and Copper IUD removed on Jan 20th. It's now the 23rd of Feb and no sign of period. I feel absolutely exhausted, pretty darn nauseous/weak feeling, breasts tender, and about 5 negative pregnancy tests. I've always had the most normal cycles (with or without the IUD) and since there are no hormones being involved... I'm pretty frustrated! I'm wishing you all of the best and I'm hoping that I get my period OR a positive test soon! Either way, I'll have an answer!
    Megn_f Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 01:43 PM
    Comment on MrsMame's post
    What was your outcome? I'm going through the same thing... I got my IUD out and now I'm 2 weeks late. I'm having very strong pregnancy symptoms, sore breasts, exhausted, nauseous, etc. I've also taken a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I'm so confused!

Mar 23, 2011, 02:22 PM
    I'm so glad you commented... couldn't find my way back to this darn site! Haha!

Anyway... the answer was that my period DID turn up... 13 days late. It was kind of a relief to get the period so that we COULD actually start trying/charting. Things are looking good for this month so I'm hoping we'll have a positive then!

Mar 23, 2011, 02:22 PM
    I'm so glad you commented... couldn't find my way back to this darn site! Haha!

Anyway... the answer was that my period DID turn up... 13 days late. It was kind of a relief to get the period so that we COULD actually start trying/charting. Things are looking good for this month so I'm hoping we'll have a positive then!
    Megn_f Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Thanks so much! It's so strange the strong symptoms you get after its removed. I wasn't sure what to think. How exciting that you get to start trying now... good luck!!
    Bskylue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 07:57 AM
    Im having the same problem. I had mine removed at the beginning of December and last period was mid November, and until now mid February I haven't gotting my period and I only spotted for a few hours after removing the copper iud. But already did like 6 hpt and only of them were negative... Is this normal please help me understand.
    Fbridge13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2012, 12:46 PM
    Hey guys.
    Well I had my IUD Mirena taken out August 18th 2012 ( so last month ) I was spotting the 22nd - the 25th and now NOTHING.
    I am trying to get pregnant and am having very strong pregnancy signs. I have always been very regular on EVERY period I have had. My practitioner said that I should resume regular periods right after I got my IUD taken out. My period is always The 6th every month and now, Nothing.
    Does anyone have anything they can tell me?
    mrszambrana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2013, 05:12 PM
    Hello! I have read all the comments/answers. I got my iud removed as well. I have the mirena. I took it out dec. 18. My last day of period was dec. 15. I am delayed for two weeks now. After reading all the comments here, I am thinking that maybe I am the same way and not pregnant. Just to have an ease mind that I am not, we did a pregnancy test today and we are so excited to have a positive result!:-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IUD and brown spotting [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I am 27 yr. Had an IUD placed over a year ago. Have PCOS. Periods have been rock steady until 2-3 mo ago. I have used pregnancy test, negative. I am having brown spotting constantly now for past 1-2 months, Not one day goes by that I do not have spotting, with cramping just...

Hair removal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi am 18 years old and am really having a seroius proplem concerns hair removal.First am having dark thick hair grown on the lower parts of my legs only,after the hair removal session the hair starts to regrow within few days about 5 days,and am so annoyed because it grows too fast.Sometimes most...

Frost removal [ 1 Answers ]

I accidentally washed part of the sandy/frosting stuff off the globes from our overhead light fixtures. I was able to completely remove it from one of them but the other two are being more stubborn. What might I use to more easliy remove this stuff from the others?

Removal of virus [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, Thanks for your reply, as per your advice I had set my settings and found that auto dial was enabled. I disabled it and now it is working OK. I wanted your advice for a few topics mentioned below. Initially I had norton av 2003, but now it has expired. My friend gave me symantec...

View more questions Search