Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acjah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 08:07 AM
    Root canal
    I had a crown put on at end of Dec. 2010. My tooth kept throbbing and then the dentist took an ex-ray. He saw a dead root and abcess. I started taking penicillin VK 500MG 28 tab one tab 4 times per day. I take last two tabs tomorrow, and the next day, Friday,I am scheduled for root canal. My tooth is still throbbing. Does that mean the infection is still with me? My question is should I have root canal done or take more antibiotics until throbbing ( infection) is gone.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a root canal ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bottom front tooth that is gowing darker over the years. There is no pain - never has been. The colour of the tooth is not an issue for me - it does not show. The dentist X-Rayed the tooth which appeared completely normal. He tested the tooth and says it is `dead' inside. ...

Root canal [ 3 Answers ]

I have an achy tooth that has a crack through it also .my dentist today took x-ray and it indicated small infection at root.I get panics at dentist and with injections and am only allowed non adrenalin based local anaestethics. I have heard weird stories about root canals e.g. they can give you...

Root canal [ 2 Answers ]

I had a re-do on a root canal on my upper right no.2 molar last one in back, wisdom teeth have been extracted. X-rays showed a cyst or pocket of infected area, or something. Re-do was successful though pocket area did not drain. I have had trouble focusing with my right eye before re-do and since,...

Root canal [ 2 Answers ]

I am on antibiotics for a root canal that is infected, it still swells and is uncomfortacle when I lay down at night. I had it exrayed , it wasn't cracked looked good, but is it bad since it won't get better at night. I have a temporary crown on it and when it swells is hits my bottom teeth is that...

Root canal [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I had a root canal and the tooth needs a crown, but I am petrified of the dentist. The tooth never had pain until the dentist touched my tooth two years ago. Now the tooth has pain every now and then. The other night that same tooth had pain, but the pain was gone in the morning. The next...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.