Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CassyLove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 11:08 AM
    I don't understand my progesterone results.. compared to others that I read online..
    I don't understand my results, I got them last night and I'm 5wks 5days, she said my numbers are 2140 and that it's good and not to stress, it just needs to not go below the 2000's.. Well on the internet it seems like everyone's numbers are in double number and decimal form and calculated in a completely different way.. Can someone help explain this and help me find an answer?
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Jan 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
    You mean your HCG numbers. That's human chorionic growth hormone, and it's a blood test; some people call it a beta. It's a reading that corresponds to how fast your embryo is growing and the state of the pregnancy. The number should statistically double at a regular rate, but some people do have a slower rate that will increase later. If the number is greater than 5, it means you're pregnant. There are guidelines for what it should be by week, but so far your doctor is telling you that so long as you're above 2000 for week 5, everything is okay. At your point somebody else could have a lot higher number, maybe 4 or 5 times higher. A falling number indicates a pregnancy that is going to be lost. So long as yours is still climbing, that's good. Nine weeks is when they have an ultrasound to check for a "good" pregnancy. There is absolutely nothing that can be done between now and then, so the best thing to do is just try to relax and not think about the numbers. Nobody has any control over it.

If you had had progesterone measured, it only needs to be above about 12 for the pregnancy to continue. That number rises a lot more slowly.
    CassyLove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Comment on summer_girl's post
    She said they were only testing my progesterone level not HCG.. I paid for the progesterone test only.. She said progesterone is average at 1300 but they don't like to see it go below 2000.. Must be more than one way they measure the levels..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do?be patient and read to the end to understand! [ 26 Answers ]

It all started when I went to the cycle meeting of our company! I met her there ! There were a lot of frequent and prolonged eye contact between us. The next day she was sitting beside me,and when I wasn't focusing on the lecture she gently knocked the desk in front of me by her pen,asking me with...

Where did I read this online SF story? [ 5 Answers ]

About a man who is imprisoned on this most hellish prison planet. Recruited and given a new identity in order to assassinate a galactic president candidate (or somebody else important on that scale). Carries out the assassination on board a space station with the help of a very lovely and...

View more questions Search