Ask
    soubhik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Up-to-date technique from virus prtoection
    What is the most up-to-date technique to protect computer from Virus
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 15, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Install and run an Anti-virus application and also use an online scanner monthly.
    rattyvulcan Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by soubhik
    what is the most up-to-date technique to protect computer from Virus
    Running and maintaining Anti-Virus software is one of the things you must do. The other, just as important, things to do to stop infection from all the attack possibilities are:

1. Make sure your system's O/S and applications are always 100% patched.
    2. Use a NAT router
    3. Run a Personal firewall that blocks outbound connections being made without your approval / acceptance
    4. Don't open unsolicited email attachments
    5. Adjust your Internet Explorer settings to HIGH in the Internet Zone and further disable all active content execution (java and ActiveX). For sites that you trust to not contain malicious code you can add these into your trusted sites list.
    6. Run Anti-Spyware software
    7. Exercise strict control on USB memory sticks being connected to your machine, and CDs / DVDs being played

If all the above fail, dig a big hole in your garden, drop the PC in and back-fill with cement. :D

Steve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Drywall corner technique [ 6 Answers ]

Well, I am progressing with my seemingly endless bathroom remodel and have a few drywll/mudding questions: 1) What are some techniques for neatly mudding and sanding the top ceiling corners where the 2 walls and ceiling meet? I have a corner sponge which is great for the long 2 wall corners but...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

What's the meaning of Slide Windowing Technique? [ 0 Answers ]

Dear, Just not quite understand , what's mean by "Slide Windowing Technique" in network protocol, any relations with X.25 WAN? And how this technique can address network problems especially on network delay and bandwidth utilization? Also, can this technique overcome the flow control and...

View more questions Search