Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barb_and_andy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 05:43 AM
    Ex received state child support (ADC) benefits on our child while we were together.
    I have a court hearing coming up to establish that we lived together while she got food stamps and aid to dependent children by saying I was not living with her. I did not know she was receiving this and paid all our bills. I recently received a letter stating that I was 32,000 behind in Child Support (Owed to the state). Can I appeal the state interception of my taxes IF I win the court case to prove I do not owe the back support and that she received it by defauding the State?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 05:41 PM
    This is a LEGAL question best posted in the LAW forum under Family Law!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSI benefits and Child Support for Adult Child. [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a parent can still be obligated to pay child support to a severely disabled adult child for the life of the child? (even if the child is receiving state benefits) we are in Cali...

Florida state laws about child support for a non biological child [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was ordered to pay child support for his ex girlfriends child she told him they weren't his and he asked the judge for a DNA the judge in turn asked to mother if she wanted to do a DNA and she said no so the judge is denied his request and ordered the support. Isn't there something he...

Can I be sued for child support for a step child according to NY state law? [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have to pay child support for a step child according to NY state law? :(

SSI Benefits and Child Support for Disabled Adult Child [ 3 Answers ]

I am the father of a 19 year old disabled daughter (learning disabilities). Her mother has been collecting child support for the past 14 years, but our CA Court Order ends child supoort at age 19. Her mother is now in the porcess of taking me back to court to continue the Adult with Disabilities...

View more questions Search