Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dabsr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 05:19 AM
    Weil Mclain 18yr old furnace - 1 "failed" zone of a 4 zone forced hot water system
    I just bought a house that was built in 1993 and has a gas fired Weil Mclain furnace, forced hot water, with 4 zones - each with a Taco Zone Valve. The system also has one circulator pump.
    In late fall, I ran the system and all zones worked fine.
    When winter came and system was on 'full time', it worked fine as well... now 1 zone is not working. I was told by previous owner that the Taco Zone Valve powerhead's "go" or fail on occasion so I replaced the suspected one last night. That zone still isn't working.
    What can I do next ?

Check out some similar questions!

I have a two zone hot water heating system. All of a sudden the upstairs [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two zonew hot water, gas fired heating system. The downstairs zone heats up. The Upper zone does not, but did just days ago. I checked the thermostat and the batterries are fine and it lights up and changes the temprature, but no effect. Either upward or downward.

I have a weil-mclain boiler. The zone valve opens but no heat in zone. What do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Have replaced the zone valve actuator, but it doesn't seem to be fixing the problem. What else can I do?

Adding a Zone to my hot water furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am going from a single zone hot water system to a dual zone. Have Aqua-stat #L8148E and two thermostats with two Honeywell #V8043F 1036 zone vales already mounted & ready to go but need help with the electrical wiring. Can anyone help me with a simple schematic that will get the job done or some...

Zone valves on hot water furnace wearing out [ 2 Answers ]

We have lived in this house 15 years. So far we have replaced the 3 zone valves in our furnace 3 times. Is this normal wear and tear or what is going on. These are very expensive and my husband is NOT a handy man

Thermostat replacement dual zone gas hot water system [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, first question here! I've spent an hour searching, learned a lot, but not a specific answer so I hope this isn't too common a question! One family ranch home with gas furnace, hot water baseboards, 40 year old Honeywell thermostats in main floor hall and basement main room. When...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.