Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SatyaV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 02:34 AM
    My indian passport expires within 6 months can I travel to US ?
    My Name is Satya , I am holding US B1 Visa and it will expire in 2017 But My indian passport expires within 6 months. Can I travel to US now? I have 3 weeks work in US
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 03:52 PM

Your passport must be valid, at least 6 months. Better go get a new passport and you can use the existing visa. Hand both passports to immigration for inspection.. no problem.
    prasad07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 09:45 AM
    Actually India is exempt from the 6 month passport validity rule while travelling to USA. Check this link:

[Citizens of the countries listed in below link are exempt the six-month rule and need only have a passport valid for their intended period of stay.]

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/inspections_carriers_facilities/clp/bulletins/clp_bullentin_04162008.ctt/clp_bulletin_04162008.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost Passport / Name Changed / Expires Soon [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I got my American Passport in 2001. At the time, I had just gotten married, so I had my married name put onto the passport. I never officially changed my name. Now, I am divorced, unfortunately, and have not used my married name in about 7 years. My maiden name is on my social security...

Indian citizen in Canada to travel US [ 2 Answers ]

I am an Indian citizen working in Canada on a work permit. I would like to visit US and already hold a valid L1 visa. Can I travel US using this L1 visa?

I want to travel to fiji in April 2010 but my passport expires August 2010 is this OK [ 1 Answers ]

I want to travel to fiji in April 2010 but my passport expires August 2010 is this OK

Change indian passport to german passport. [ 1 Answers ]

I had wriiten you an application that I have german passport and I am living in german for last 20 years and I even have the citizenship of german also. I want to change indian passport to german passport.

Can I travel with a passport expired less than 6 months [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to Canada next week from USA and my passport will expire on November, is it a problem?

View more questions Search