Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purpledays Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 12:56 AM
    My internet connection is fine but cannot install updates?
    Using Firefox 3.6.8 and MacOS 10.6.4 (though I have a partitioned drive operating Windows). There are some sites I cannot get into (eg Facebook and Hotmail), though everything was fine till 2 days ago, and I cannot install updates-getting a message that there is a problem with the network connection but when I check the diagnostics it says the connection is OK.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

How open and install downloaded Driver Updates. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a DELL Laptop E1505 with Windows Vista installed and a DELL Desktop E510 with XP Professional installed. Problem applies to both computers. How do I Open and Install downloaded drivers that were downloaded in a file to My Doc's? I went to the DELL site to download new drivers and...

Updates will not install [ 1 Answers ]

G'Day ; I posted a question a little while ago about ms updates not installing, well I found the answer on another forum site Techarena so I thought I'd post the answer on this site so anyone having the same frustrating problem can repair the problem, I , being totally ignorant of how...

Can't install Windows XP Updates [ 5 Answers ]

(sorry, the question title should be "CAN'T" install updates) I had to replace a dead motherboard. That went fine and WinXP seemed to reinstall without incident. (Yes, it is a valid, legal copy of Windows). I was able to validate the install and run the Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 from...

Ethernet connection slow, wireless is fine [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am using the Actiontec MI-424WR or MI424WR router that I am provided by verizon. My service provides 15 Mbps down 2 Mbps up. When I first got the service earlier this month tests done at speakeasy showed 15/1.7 which was normal. The past week or so, my connection has deteriorated to being...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.