Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorined Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Atlanta/Cobb tax preparation experience w/social security disability
    "Do you know anyone in the Atlanta/Cobb area with SSDI experience? I usually do my own taxes, but realize this year will be very complicated with the lump sum, repaying Metlife most of the sum, plus my husband's income. Do you know any places you would recommend that has experience in this situation?"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 08:34 PM

Yes, Atlanta Tax on this site, the best local tax expert I know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social security disability tax free income [ 1 Answers ]

You have stated that Social Security Disability is not taxable as income. Is that from IRS Code section 104 (a)(1) or somewhere else?

Income tax responsibility for Social Security Disability [ 1 Answers ]

I was collecting Social Security Disability before I started back to work last year in Feb/07. When I started back to work I called the SS office and advised I was going back to work and they advised I would continue to collect my checks for 9 months. After the 9months I still can not get them...

Social Security Disability and Joint Tax Return [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was recently approved for social security disability. I am unable to work so the social secuirty is my only income, but my husband works. We have been filing a joint return in past years. If we do this again this year, will this make my social security income taxable? In otherwords,...

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

View more questions Search