Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Children's audiobook - from cover a boy's face in scuba gear surrounded by flies
    Can anyone tell me the name of an audiobook I got from the library in Holywood Ireland in the 90s, I think it was a series of Australian cautionary tales but I could be misremembering about it being all Australian.

The cover of the audiobook was a boys face in scuba gear surrounded by flies, from one of the stories about a boy whose father sells manure. There's another story about a boy losing his tooth down a 'dunny' and it being found at a sewage plant, one about sticking your hand into compost and feeling something grab you I think and one about a boy who loses his clothes whilst on a cross country run...

Any tips or help are appreciated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 08:46 PM

There is such a series by Paul Jennings. Unreal is the one you remember.

Paul Jennings (Australian author) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Jennings/...744&sr=1-2-ent
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Thank you! Yes that is it, I've been searching for years and finally bought it on amamzon. Thank you, my nephews will love this :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for a children's book that had a board game in the cover? [ 3 Answers ]

I read a book as a child that was beautifully illustrated it had something to do with a tiger and a boy being out at night. I remember that it had a board game inside the back cover relating to the story in the book. I absolutely loved it - does anyone know what the title might be? It was in...

Is a woman's hand big enough to cover a boy's mouth? [ 6 Answers ]

Adult Women Only! If you had to keep a boy quiet, is your hand big enough to cover his mouth based upon the size of your hand? Most women have small hands and boys are usually stronger. Also, how close to his nose might your hand come accidentally? Do you think he'd be forced to smell your...

Children's book with rabbit and daisies on cover [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for a children's book - probably about 14" tall by 10" wide. Cover has a large bunny standing upright with a field of daisies behind him. No idea of title. :confused: Sorry I can't be more specific. Bought it in the early 90's but no idea when it was published.

View more questions Search