Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2004, 07:58 PM
    Taxes on a house
    I lived in a house for 1year and 4monthes then we had to move to another state. We kept the house another 5 years, because we thought we would move back to this state. During this time we rented it out. We then decided to sale it and did. When we bought it was only suppose to be our house not a rental. What will our tax situation be like?
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 3, 2004, 08:00 AM
    Taxes on a house
    What state are you talking about? The fact that you lived in the house for over a year will keep you from paying short term capital gains. If you rent out your home it should not adversely effect your tax situation unless you had a mortgage on another home... call a real estate professional and tell them your situation and they often gove tax advice for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1b: Help regarding Taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tax Expert: This site is extremely helpful. My question is regarding F1 to H1B conversion in 2005 and though this is extensively covered, my case is slightly different. From August 2001 to August 15 2005, I was on F1 visa. I got married in May 2005, and my wife got F2 visa in June 2005 and...

Filing for 2004 taxes and 2005 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just received my W2 from my employer and there were 2 W2's. One W2 was for the wages of Dec 2004 (since the employer pays 1 month delayed salary) and the other one was for Jan - Nov 2005. I want to know if I can refile my 2004 taxes since I just got my Dec 2004's W2. If I add that...

Filing taxes after selling a house [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I sold a house in July 2005 after living in the house a little over 3 years. I was curious what type of tax forms I need to use and if I can take into consideration a second mortgage that we had on the house?

Help with taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I was F-1 for 4 years and then change my status to R-1 for 3 years until August 2004 my status become F1 again. I am working right now under my OPT which is expires on May 2006. I was paying Social Security and Medicare for 2005. I never leave US since 2000. My questions (thank you in advance):...

CPT Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I filled my taxes with a taxes associates. He filed 1040A form , though I am on F1 status. I just realised I need to fiile 1040EZ-NR/1040NR. I filed 2 weeks back. Yt to receive info from IRS. Is this going to ceate a problem. IS IRS going to know that Iam a Non-resident alien? Please give me...

View more questions Search