Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clrklinebacker55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 09:42 PM
    1990 Honda Accord won't start...
    I have a 1990 honda accord lx, it won't start.. it cranks over but won't start, the distributor has spark what could it be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Take a look at sections A and B in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ics-46563.html

Most of the information is applicable to Accords. If your Check Engine Light comes on and goes off after 2 seconds, and you can hear your main relay click and your fuel pump run, then focus on the igniter and coil. Most Hondas should have their igniters and coils replaced after 120,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first. When an igniter is failing, you can have spark. The problem can be the igniter doesn't work precisely when the computer wants it to and it fires erratically.
    Jeebster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clrklinebacker55
    I have a 1990 honda accord lx, it wont start..it cranks over but wont start, the distributor has spark what could it be??
    One thing you can do is to turn your key in the ignition from off to on several times as this pressurizes the fuel pump. You might also want to have your MAP sensor checked. It controls your fuel enrichment levels on cold mornings so that might be the problem. And last but not least, you might try checking the fuel pump for a pressure related problem. You might have a leak somewhere or a failing fuel pump. Most auto parts stores have a loan a tool service where you can save $50 and borrow a fuel pressure gauge. Then you have to check your engine to find a schrader valve or something similar to attach it to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Civic 1.5 DX won't start!HELP! [ 134 Answers ]

OK I recently bought a 1990 honda civic hb 5speed non v-tec... it won't start and if it does it doesn't stay running long at all. Replaced the distributor and put a brand new computer in it... still won't run.. I'm getting spark into the distributor but none out... any ideas? Thanks in advance

My 92 honda accord won't start why? [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the fuel relay switch on a 92 honda accord?

1990 Honda Civic won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am totally stumped with this, I have a 1990 Honda Civic with a 1989 Acura Integra Engine in it (Engine Swap), and it won't start. Nothing works, the lights, the radio, hazards, defogger absolutely nothing. Of course your thinking the battery is dead but I checked the battery and it...

Honda Accord won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My 98 Honda Accord won't start. When the ignition is turned on there is a loud, rapid clicking but the engine won't turn over. The battery is fully charged and the connections are fine. It worked fine last night. Any suggestions? Thanks.

View more questions Search