Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yawlman69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 11:17 PM
    Goodman GSZ 14036 vs. American Std. Heritage 15
    Compelling reasons on both sides are making it difficult for me to decide which system to buy to replace an old oil furnace. One contractor can offer both units but strongly recommends the A.S. The other small contractor who has spent years in the field installing and fixing all brands says the Goodman is every bit the unit the A.S. is. Both contractors are close in price for the units and installation with A.S. equipment running about $500 more.
    Does anyone have experience using a variable speed air handler in panned in duct bays? I have heard they can oscillate due to the friction in a panned in bay as opposed to metal ductwork.
    HVAC2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2011, 01:07 PM
    Get the Goodman Am.Standard is made by Trane witch now a days are not so reliable. I have had Goodman products in 4 of my homes and none has ever given me ANY trouble. Go with the Goodman.
    Yawlman69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 08:00 AM
    Thank you so much! I have been reading what I can about both units and comparison ratings but it is difficult (for me) to decipher some of the technical jargon. Installation seems to be key and I know for a fact the small contractor is a bit compulsive about doing everything possible as right as he can.
    Obliged!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heritage Fan 6ALW30PB1M [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how to wire one of these up

American Std. 16 seer vs. 14 with variable spd fan ,which would you install if $ close [ 2 Answers ]

We are replacing an old 3 tn. All in one HVAC system and we live in high humidity area. The purchase price difference between the 14 seer with a variable speed fan and the 16 seer with variable speed is $900 . The plan is to stay in this home for another 15 years . We are thinking the new...

Jesus's jewish heritage [ 2 Answers ]

What are some of the ways jesus was influenced by his jewish heritage

Leaking American Std. Tub cartidge fawcet [ 2 Answers ]

My tub is dripping. I have replaced the cartridge twice and flushed the valve several times, after wich it stops briefly. I suspect debris in the water. My gas water heater works fine. It is probably 12 + years old, but we have very little mineral in our water. I drained the tank and got very...

My italian heritage preventing me to lose? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 5'5" and about 170. My mom's side is beautiful, trip figure, stuff like that..my biological fathers side...not so much, they arent obese but htey are all really "hefty" For some reason, I cannot lose weight. For example, for a month and a half, i went to the gym ATLEAST 6 days a week for a...

View more questions Search