Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wally313 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 06:38 PM
    How do I convince my mom to let me get my ear pierced a second time?
    My mom refuses to let me get MY ears pierced a second time but I really want it what should I do? I've tride to show her I am responsible PLEASE HELP!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2011, 06:40 PM

How old are you?

Jan 24, 2011, 08:19 AM
    I am ten!
    Julez2000 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Jan 24, 2011, 09:59 AM
    I'm in the same situation as u! My Mum has made it pretty clear I'm not allowed one until I'm sixteen so ill guess I'll have to wait until then! But it really suck :( x
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 10:03 AM

Hello 10 year old:

You DON'T convince them... They convince you, just like I'm trying to do.

Fashion is very cool.. I think a young person should ALWAYS keep up. However, the problem with piercing, and tattoos, is that they last WAYYYY longer than fashion does.. You can always get rid of your out of fashion clothes... But, your out of fashion tattoo or piercing, stays there FOREVER.

excon

Jan 24, 2011, 04:19 PM
    Comment on Julez2000's post
    I know its so unfair do you have any advice? My mom says not until I'm twenty how do I lower it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wally313 View Post
    my mom says not until im twenty how do i lower it?
    Hello wally:

Bribe her.. Promise to wash the dishes and take out the trash EVERY NIGHT for FIVE years, or until such time you get straight A's.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 05:39 PM

Tell us three reasons you want a second piercing.

(After you get a second one, will you want a third?)
    Taymarra16 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 12:25 AM
    Only idiots would say that a piercing can last forever. I am thirteen by the way. Just tell your Mum that you will only where it out with friends and not with family or important occasions. If you end up really not liking it just take the earring out and let the hole close up.
    hannahrox1oo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
    I really want to get it but my mom just says I can't, no reason or anything! And my mum's really open-minded to stuff like that too, I don't know why I'm not allowed and everyone else has them. I want a nose piercing too but I haven't asked her about that. It's almost the end of the school year so maybe I could ask for that for an end of school present? I don't know...
    animepierced Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 09:38 AM
    I'm 13 and I asked my mom for a second peircing, her answer was it depends how responcible you are
    Think of that... your mom may not won't you to get one because of priviose probloms, how does she know that you'll proporly clean your ears if you don't proporly clean the dishes? How does she know you won't keep touching them if you touch all the glass thing in the store? Going back to what my mother said... it depends how responsible you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convince my mom to let me get my tongue pierced? [ 9 Answers ]

Hey.I want to get my tongue pierced but my mom won't let me... my dad would let me but he won't take me cause it would make my mom mad.. how could I convince my mom to let me get it done?

How do I convince my mum to let me get my tongue pierced [ 3 Answers ]

Okaay, I know it sounds reaally baad but, I'm 13 years old, and have my; ears, belly button, hip, my nose, I had my top lip (monroe) and then I had the bottom lip all pierced, but I only have my belly, my hip and my nose & ears, but the thing is, I really want my mum too let me get my tongue...

How to convince my mom to let me to get my tongue pierced. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my mom said that I can get my tongue pierced when I turn 16. But I want to get it done for my 14 birthday in four months. I have spent hours On the internet researching about pros and cons, possible outcomes, what do look for in a shop and piercer, and aftercare. I also have read MILLIONS of...

View more questions Search