Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 23, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Freelance Web Designer. Where do I begin?
    Many of you have followed me through my trials and tribulations of creating my current site with DNN (never used DNN before). I have decided to try my luck at being a Freelance Web Designer. Where do I start and what do I need.

I have my packages, I have my package details (to the T) I have my terms and conditions, contract, business proposals, business cards, flyers, Client testimonials, disclaimer of copyright, etc... I need someone outside of myself to tell me what I am missing or suggest ideas!

Thanks in Advance,
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

May 28, 2011, 04:39 PM
    First of all,

There are normally many creators/artists/thinkers/marketers/programmers involved in web design.

If you do freelance and you work for yourself, you will have to do everything. And is not normally that easy. DON'T get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't do it! I'm just saying it's difficult, well, depending on your web site's complexity. i.e. is you sites just informative(easy), have databases(difficult), eCommerce(very difficult) and so forth...

Basically you only need a created site and someone to Host you website.

You obviously have to be artistic(able to draw or create) or just employ a graphic artist. You don't want website that look scrappy.
    You will also need a firm understanding of one or more HTML programming language Flash/ASP/XML/MS SQL/PHP/Perl/MySQL/JAVA. You get software obviously to make programming easier, but do some homework on some of then and pick on to excel in.

There are many people doing this so build you experience and mostly your reputation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do you call this type of a web developer/designer? [ 1 Answers ]

I was reading a book a while back about web applications and I came across a term that I have since forgot and would like to remember. The term was for someone who was half web developer and half web designer, does any one have a term for such a person? I think the book was called 'Getting Real' by...

I'm In Need Of A Web Designer! [ 4 Answers ]

If anyone knows someone that is able to do web templates please let them know that I'm in need of one as soon as possible. What I'm Looking For: HTML web template. No wordpress, or blogger. I know how to update. Something fun, yet professional. Colorful header, leaning towards girly,...

What do I need to learn to be a Web Designer? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been doing graphic design for the last 7 years or so as a hobby and have made a little money off doing freelance work. All of this has been in print and production; however, I now want to explore new vistas and move on to the web. I'm looking for a comprehensive list of how to go about...

Freelance designer: Can I collect unemployment? [ 1 Answers ]

I have work on site at an ad agency for the past 5 years, off and on, on a freelance basis, they pay me with company checks, I am 1099. They recently have lost a big client and didn't need me, it usually doesn't last very long and then I am asked to come in again, but this time they haven't used me...

View more questions Search