Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alyssa93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 02:55 PM
    Thermodynamics?
    "An avalanche of ice and snow of mass 1800 kg slides a vertical distance of 160 meters down a mountainside. If the temperature of the ice, snow, mountainside, and surrounding air are all at 0 degrees Celsius, what is the change in entropy of the universe?"

Check out some similar questions!

Thermodynamics [ 1 Answers ]

What are the changes in free energy, enthalpy and entropy and the sign of work for the following process carried out at 100.8o C. The boiling point of HCOOH is 100.8o C. (-, +, or 0) HCOOH (g) → HCOOH (l) I knew that change in enthalpy and change in entropy is both zero because the...

Thermodynamics cp>cv [ 2 Answers ]

Why Cp>Cv

Law of thermodynamics [ 9 Answers ]

The pressure in an ideal gas cut in half slowly, while being kept in a container with rigid walls. In the process, 26j kj of heat left the gas. A.how much work was done during this process? B.what is the change in internal energy of the gas during this process? Oh sorry. Its half slowly not...

Thermodynamics [ 6 Answers ]

Why is the Cp value of any gas always greater than the Cv value?I don't want the mathematical proof from the formula Cp-Cv=R... I want the physical interpretation

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.