Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2011, 02:45 PM
    Provoke anxiety, repeat, jot down some notes.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    Provoke anxiety, repeat, jot down some notes.
    I don't wonder how to do it, but am wondering where you will get the dead bodies from.

Also, the age might make a difference. Seeing the body of a dead old person probably wouldn't cause as much anxiety as would seeing the body of a dead child, or even of a person your own age.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2011, 09:16 PM
    I would say that flooding, for any type of phobia, would not work too well. A person with fear of something is bad enough, but when it comes to death, something that I believe everyone has some form of fear of, is worse.

I've always been OK with surgeries, blood, whatever bodily fluid you got, and corpses, for some reason. My brother, on the other hand, needs a straight jacket in order to get some blood from him. As comical as it is to view a kid who's 5'10" and weighs 200 lbs running around away from a needle as if the grim reaper's coming after him, he truly is afraid of it.

I worked in a morgue way back when (back in my day), and my brother's biology teacher asked if the class could get a small tour over the weekend for a non-official field trip, and I agreed. I couldn't get my brother to set his foot in the building.

I'm not so sure how to logistically get someone to be not so afraid of a dead body. You could potentially first let them read a description of a dead body, let the person acclimate to the idea, then let the person imagine the dead body, again, acclimatization, and then perhaps a picture of a dead body, and then perhaps a video, maybe one body at first, hopefully well embalmed and manicured, and then a dead body due to trauma, gun shot wound, etc.

I will admit, that most of the cadavers and dead patients I've come across are the elderly. I've had a few that were my age that didn't phase me at all... but as previous posters have said, children are the worst for me. It's not so much about me wondering about the life that the child missed, but the emotional breakdown that the parents go through, and it somehow takes me back to my parents.
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2011, 11:58 PM
    Well done sir.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A guy travels with the bodies of dead soldiers to the place of buriel or home town [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a movie about a soldier that travels with the bodies of dead soldiers to the place of buriel or home town

The two bodies of Christ [ 14 Answers ]

Christ has two bodies. He presented the first one, born of the virgin Mary, as the perfect and complete sacrifice for the sins of mankind. That body was then resurrected and went back to the Father in Heaven. But what about His second body? He does have one. 1 Cor 12:27 27 Now ye are the...

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

Governing bodies [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the accounting profession need governing bodies? Which accounting governing body is the most important? Explain your answer.

View more questions Search