Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summer123 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2007, 08:11 PM
    lies?
    hey =D
    really random question guys, as you know everyone lies to their parents now and again, but lately I have been feeling bad about it, I was thinking, because when they die, can they find everything out that you have lied about.. and do they hate you?

kitty xxx
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 08:18 PM
    I doubt it because if you believe in heaven then they have found peace.

That being said, it your worried about these lies why don't you tell them now.

Jan 14, 2007, 08:33 PM
    I can't tell them because it is mostly to do with my boyfriend, like having sex, when I told them that we don't, and staying at his house when his parent's aren't there and they think that they are... I mean in a way they are just lies so that I can have a good relationship...
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 09:05 PM
    But your relationship isn't good!

Yes we all tell the odd lie for our own benefit but please remember your parents only want what is best for you and there is very valid reasons that they need to know where you are, what you are doing, who is there etc.

It might not seem important to you now but it will one day I'm sure.

So try and be as honest as possible with everyone, other wise karma may come back to haunt you.

But I don't think your parents would ever hate you. So don't worry about that!

Jan 14, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Thanks for that, I have decided not to lie from now on though anyway, but should I tell them all t he lies that I used to do? Or not bring up the past?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 09:20 PM
    How much heat can you stand from coming clean and being honest? I'm 53 and my mom is still finding out about some of the stuff I did when I was much younger. You may trip them out so bad you will be grounded, so think before you go confessing. We all have held things back from our parents until much later. Not saying its right. That just what we do in our youth, and we THINK we are capable of handling our own affairs. Most times though our parents aren't as dumb as we think, and may already know a lot more than you think, after all they were young at one time too.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Who knows.

They may respect you more for your honesty and decide that perhaps you are more grown up then they realised!
    This may lead to you being given more leeway and responsibility.

Alternatively they may be very disappointed in you for lying to them all this time and decide that you aren't as responsible and mature as they thought you were, leading to you being given less leeway and stricter parenting.

It is your call!
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 09:24 PM
    A good relationship with your boyfriend at the expense of the people who gave you life, provide you food, shelter and clothing so you and your boyfriend can get your rocks off. Sounds like a fair trade.

Maybe there's a reason your feel guilty after all.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    A good relationship with your boyfriend at the expense of the people who gave you life, provide you food, shelter and clothing so you and your boyfriend can get your rocks off. Sounds like a fair trade.

Maybe there's a reason your feel guilty after all.
    Spot on Chuff!

Problem is the relationship is traveling too smoothly either!

Jan 14, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Well if it's normal to lie and everyone does it then it's OK because they would have done it when they were young too... lol
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by summer123
    well if it's normal to lie and everyone does it then it's ok beacuse they would ahve done it when they were young too... lol
    Your assuming that everybody lies. Not everybody gets blessed with two parents and not everybody gets blessed with parents that give a damn about the kids. That's a little reality you'll face when you get older. So I'm saying that if you have a two parents that give a damn maybe you should drop the well other people do it so it's okay thing. People do a lot of stupid stuff but that doesn't mean you should follow through with it yourself.

You can make all the excuses you want, you still feel guilty. The reality is this guy isn't going to be in your life in 10 years. Your having trouble with him now and your still young with nothing of a foundation for a relationship, no life experience, and you have no idea who you are yet.

So if you feel guilty doing something or your doing it at the expense of your own values or beliefs and then have to lie about it, then you have to make excuses about those lies so that Joe Smooth gets to brag to the boys he's screwing you well have fun.

I think you and I both know you don't exactly like the way your feeling. I'm just the one who has the courage to face the facts. Why don't you drop the excuses and the lies and come clean that your not comfortable with this whole situation.
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 25, 2007, 03:46 PM
    No they wouldn't hate you no matter what and they probably won't find out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lies.. lies.. lies.. [ 14 Answers ]

I Have Been Married 5ys Now (together Scents 1995) We Are In The Early 30's And Have 3 Kids.(one Mine 2 Ours) There Are Many Problems In Our Relationship... mainly He Lies! Im Talking Lies To Lie. No Matter He Just Lies. Often I Think Hes Doing It To Bother Me, But At Other Times It's the First...

Lies and The End? [ 42 Answers ]

Hello. Happy Holidays to all. I found out that my ex is in another relationship. She said that she didn't want a relationship with anyone when she left me, but I didn't believe her. I guess I was right. She probably said this because she "didn't want to hurt me". Fission Mailed. I'm not as...

Are all of those shampoo ads lies? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, my hair is naturally dark, long and straight, and I've always liked to kept it "smooth and sleek" always super straight. But I did a BIG damage to my hair, I was brushing my hair with one of those roll on brushes and i was in such a hurry that morining that it got all caught and tangled in my...

Helping stop the lies [ 5 Answers ]

I want to stop lying but I need help. I have all these things I made up and I don't want to tell my friends because they will hate me. I know the thing is I should stop lying but I don't want to. Its like I'm addicted to lying. Could it be possible to be addicted to lying. So hears the question: ...

What to do if two co workers are spreading lies about you? [ 6 Answers ]

I have never used this web site before and Im at my witts end. I work as a hairdresser in a small shop and two out of five co-workers are telling my boss that Im doing things Im just not doing. One of them is telling my boss that she is physically scared of me and that I threatened the other one...

View more questions Search