Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhruv123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 11:54 AM
    CD Not playing on computer
    When I put a CD into my drive, my playlist comes up in windows media player, as it should do. However, it does not play my songs.

It is set to automatically rip the inserted cd to my computer, so begins the ripping of the cd; once it gets to 30% on the first song, 'error' comes up in the column titled 'rip status'. It then proceeds to lable every single song with 'error'. That doesn't necessarily matter because I don't want to rip the songs anyway. So then I press play.

The first song plays all right, then I get an error message saying: 'Windows Media Player cannot read the CD. The disk may be dirty or damaged. Turn on error correction and try again.' Also a little white cross in a red circle comes up beside each song on the left hand side of the track number, except for the first song, which, as I said, plays OK. I have tried error correction but it has made no difference. So lo and behold I cannot listen to any of the songs on said CD.

It is not my disk, and I know that for a fact, because this seems to happen with every single CD that I own, Cds which have already been successfully ripped to other computers and laptops.

Why is this happening on my computer
    liongal Posts: 82, Reputation: 58

Jan 23, 2011, 01:23 PM
    At this point I would try a 'Systems restore' It's not meant to be good for your PC too many times, but it generally sorts out most issues I have with my PC.

Find it in 'control panel'

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you stop a computer from stuttering when playing videos? [ 5 Answers ]

My laptop mini computer does not play online internet videos and it stops and stutters.

Radio Station noy playing on my computer [ 0 Answers ]

Within the last week or so I am unable to get WeFM a readio station that streams on the net to play on my computer, it will play for about 3 seconds then says buffering then the percentage of the buffering will decrease over the period and it will not play. This happens when I go directly to the...

Get attention from husband if not playing computer games [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, This is my first time here Just wondering if anyone else has the problem of husband paying more attetion to the dam Computer game then you (meaning wife) I have. I get attention maybe once a month. Getting old I need way more than that... just wondering if anyone else is going through what...

Computer freezes when playing games [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, my computer keeps freezing I guess you would say when I am playing a game. It first started with far cry 1 I tried an assortment of things thinking it was the game, I had the patches up to date so I decided to re-install it and play w/o patches/updates. It didn't freeze up for a while...

Playing DVD on Computer [ 2 Answers ]

well, I have been using my computer to play DVD. However, when I was watching halfway.. the screen since to ski ski for a while than back to normal. May like to know what is the problems encounder? Is is due to the DVD rom faulty or there is not enough ram? My computer spec: P4 520...

View more questions Search