Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsmo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 02:07 PM
    HDTV will not Run
    When my whole house generator (Guardian) is running my HDTV will not turn on. Is there a solution? The Dirct TV receiver and the DVD player all run. I can run my air conditioning and my furnace but the TV will not turn on
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 22, 2011, 05:25 PM

I have DISH so don't know Direct all that well but isn't your HDTV service coming in through Direct, the receiver you say is working
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 22, 2011, 06:53 PM

I'm not sure what you are asking here.

Are you saying that your HD TV will not power on and display HD signals? Or are you saying that your TV will power on but not display HD signals.

Next question, if the is out in the general area that you are in, how do you know that you are receiving the signal in HD mode?

Jan 23, 2011, 09:17 AM

Does this generator power the entire home or just a few circuits?

Jan 24, 2011, 11:26 AM
    The generator powers the whole house all circuits are connected. The TV will not turn on at all. I am not concerned about receiving the HD, I cannot get the TV to power up. The Receiver for Direct TV comes on and the DVD player powers up but the TV will not all connected to the same surge protector. I only mentioned the TV was HD because I thought that my have something to do with the power required to run it.

Jan 24, 2011, 11:41 AM

No, power requirements are the same. Try switching the plugs faround so each has a new receotacle, still the Tv not working or did the problem move to a new unit?

Jan 24, 2011, 03:03 PM
    I have tried this I even pulled the TV plug out of the surge protecter and plugged it directly into the wall. I checked with Best Buy since this is where I bought my TV and the told me I need an uninterrupted power source for the tV to work but they wanted me to buy a Monster Power supply for $219.00 I do not have a home theater just the TV so I thought this was a lot of money just to get the TV to run during a power outage especially since I have a generator that runs everything else.

Jan 24, 2011, 04:48 PM

Test the power with a meter to see if you are getting 120 vac out of the generator

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Admiral model ade7005ayw motor noise will not run when you press to run [ 0 Answers ]

Admiral electric dryer model ade7005ayw motor noise will not run when you press to run

Wiring a ceiling fan in middle of run, outlet at end of run [ 5 Answers ]

I am wiring a bedroom ceiling fan and just needed someone to help me figure out part of the wiring I'm not sure about. The goal is to have a 2 gang switch control the light and the fan separately. The switch is at the beginning of the run, then the ceiling fan, and then I also have an "always...

New Compressor Run OK. HVAC Fan only run in Heat mode. [ 15 Answers ]

This board is awesome. I have done some reading first on here. Here's my case: Compr runs fine. Fan on HVAC blower inside runs only in Heat mode. Not on Cool. Not even on "FAN-ON" as opposed to FAN-AUTO. Can this be an issue with relay and board within HVAC? Per other thread, it was talking...

View more questions Search