Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GoBears Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 09:01 PM
    Low hot water pressure to tub (only) after replacing hot water tank
    I just replaced my hot water tank and installed a new one. Now, the hot water pressure in the shower/bathtub (only) is weak - all other faucets seem normal, and the cold water in the shower is fine. Water pressure was fine before I replaced the tank, the problems with the old one were that the pilot kept going out, it was leaking from the bottom of the tank, and it was almost 20 yrs old. Any suggestions on how I can increase the hot water pressure to the shower/bathtub?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 10:01 PM

What type of shower valve do you have. First thing to check is for sediment that was disturbed in replacing the water heater and moved to the shower hot water valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Low water pressure from hot water tank [ 8 Answers ]

I drained my water supply when fitting new bathroom suite I have turn the mains water back on but I am not getting any pressure from the hot water taps the cold is fine

The hot water pressure in tub is very low [ 0 Answers ]

The water pressure for bathtub cold is good but hot water has low pressure. I changed cartridge but no change. I left out cartridge to see how much water pressure is there but is a little but not strong. What should I do next. Please tell me

Low water pressure on hot water side in tub. [ 1 Answers ]

I've seen several questions similar to this, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for. My house was built in the 50's or 60's, and the tub has dual faucets - hot and cold and the shower knob in the center which turns left or right. The hot water faucet over the years has leaked a lot, and it...

Low pressure in tub only for hot water [ 2 Answers ]

I have noticed that my pressure for the bath tub is very low. Its only low with the hot water. The cold water's pressure is fine. What could possibly be the problem?

View more questions Search