Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booruba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Locate thermal limiter in Frigidaire dryer
    Where is the thermal limiter in my Frigidaire dryer. It is a Frigidaire Heavy Duty, model number FDE336RES2. It has tripped and needs to be replaced.
    smithdoi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Back right, it's small round, has two connections to it, 2 screws attach it to rear of dryer. Get to it by opening the top of the dryer, popping the tabs in front, and lean the top back. The brackets should hold the top, but I suggest leaning it against something anyway because if it falls off, you'll be replacing a lot more thant the thermal limiter. Obviously, unplug it before replacing.
    jonpratt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Replace thermal limiter but still nothing. Does limiter need to be tight against back of housing. Screw stripped and one side a little loose?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2012, 12:19 PM
    You may have about 3 of sensors on your Dryer Duct work.
    They should be normally Closed.
    jonpratt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Are all the same as the one I changed in the top right back corner of housing? And if so would they all go or one at a time? Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace Thermal Limiter on Frigidaire Dryer [ 8 Answers ]

Our Frigidaire Dryer will not turn on... According to the troubleshooting guide, we should replace the Thermal Limiter. I cannot figure out how to take the back of the dryer off to replace this part. Can you give me some very detailed instructions. Thanks. Natalie

Frigidaire Dryer Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Foreword: I have no idea what the model number of my dryer is. I bought it second-hand, and the model number had been on a sticker inside the door; needless to say it isn't there any more. It was made some time between 2000 and 2002 is all I know. (Sorry if I seem a bit defensive, I just had to...

Frigidaire Dryer squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer Model# FDE797IEWI. The dryer squeaks, mostly when starting and for the first few minutes while operating

Frigidaire Dryer not getting hot [ 0 Answers ]

Okay, after reading everything I can find, especially information from appleguy, I'm looking at one of two possible fuses for why the dryer isn't heating up. Looking at the parts manual, I can't figure out which of 2 it might be: 1. Thermostat,Safety Or 2. Thermal Limiter

Magic chef electric dryer thermal cutoff [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Magic Chef electric dryer model # YE/YG225LV, the dryer runs but doesn't heat up. I had this problem before and the part # 279769 was replaced by my dad last year and that solved the problem. My dad recently has passed away, and I want to know how to replace this part again, and...

View more questions Search