Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brm1991 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Jan 21, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Helpful information please
    Is it possible for 2 people to fake a suicide and go into the witness protection program?

Jan 21, 2011, 07:35 AM
    Please help
    When a husband and wife go into the witness protection program do they have to divorce, and go their separate ways or do they get to stay together where ever they are moved to?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 07:57 AM

What you are asking doesn't really make any sense, although I know what you are getting at. You have to think that there is no possible way this could be accomplished because you are faking a death. Do you mean faking a suicide of one of the people, then both go into witness protection programme? No, I don't think that will work on any level.

Why did you post this under government, by the way ?

Tick
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 08:02 AM
    No, they get to stay together.

I notice that you have asked two questions about the Witness Protection Program.

Are you expecting to be a witness and have you been offered witness protection? It is not available unless it is offered to you.

Or are you just asking these questions out of curiosity?

Jan 21, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    No I haven't been offered, its just out of curiousity, I have my reasons, but thanks a lot! :)

Jan 21, 2011, 08:32 AM
    I don't know this is my first time on here I'm trying to do a research, and my question does make sense, you just might not get it, I have a very close friend whose aunt and uncle committed suicide about a year ago and to this day they still believe they may be in witness protection because of what caused the suicide, but I do believe people can do because how else can they just get up and leave there family? They have to make some excuse.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:58 AM

Hello b:

Don't snitch... Whatever they promised you, they're LIARS!!

excon
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 09:10 AM

The FBI have to put certain individuals in 'witness protection programmes' if they have given evidence on someone who may have them harmed.

If the aunt and uncle were essential to having someone very dangerous put away, I can understand that, but as soon as the 'coast is clear' they come out of the programme if their lives are not in danger.

Yes, I do get what you mean, I said that.

Tick
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brm1991 View Post
    i have a very close friend whose aunt and uncle committed suicide about a year ago and to this day they still believe they may be in witness protection
    Hello b:

It's possible someone could be fooled. But, in a suicide, there ARE bodies. So, it's not possible for a professional to be fooled... If your friend wants to THINK it, but isn't able or is unwilling to PROVE it, then I guess he can speculate all he wants.

Why don't you tell us WHY you think this COULD happen? We do our BEST work when we know what's going on... It doesn't help us or you, when you dribble the information out piecemeal...

excon

Jan 21, 2011, 12:37 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Excon- that's what I'm saying no one in the family saw the bodies no one has proof that it was a suicide which is why they are thinking witness protection, and how can you prove something when you don't know what's going on. Explain...

Jan 21, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Snitch on what? No one is snitching on anything I'm just doing some research
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 12:42 PM

Hello again, b:

I WOULD explain, but you've made it clear that you don't want my advice...

excon

Jan 21, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    And no offense but I'd rather not get my resources from an "excon"
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 01:09 PM

I would suggest these threads be combined.

For someone asking the question for no particular reason (as per your other thread) you sure have a lot of details.

I can't imagine why anyone would put his/her family through the pain of a (fake) double suicide and then go into Witness Protection.

And, again, for someone "just asking," you sure have a lot of details.

Jan 21, 2011, 01:10 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Yes I do have a lot of details, and yes it does cause a lot of pain, I'm just trying to get to a source.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 01:10 PM

No offense but why is this posted on corporate law thread?
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 01:11 PM

There IS no source for the witness protection program. If there WERE a source no one would, in fact, become "invisible."

Jan 21, 2011, 01:12 PM
    I didn't know what I should put it under

Jan 21, 2011, 01:13 PM
    I don't mean that kind of source I just need something to help me out to get a weight off my shoulders.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 01:27 PM

Tell us what you need that you haven't already been told.

By the way - Excon knows his stuff. For the record anyone could use any user name. I could call myself exmurderer. That means nothing.

I think you are looking for something to give credence to what you are thinking - first, I think you are incorrect (about the suicides) and, second, there is no such information anywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Did I come off as helpful? [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my best friend of like 4 years now were sitting down talking the other day. She is 17 and dating an older guy just like me but I am legal. But the thing is she told me something that he said but I didn't know what to tell her. She told him how she felt and about some things that she...

Would be really helpful [ 1 Answers ]

Can you provide me a list of historical figures and events of Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, and Confucianism?

Helpful Information about Bankruptcy, Debt & Credit Bureaus [ 5 Answers ]

Below is some helpful information from our Bankruptcy & Debt Expert. Of course, you're also welcome and encouraged to post questions to this board for more information: Just click the "Ask about Bankruptcy & Debt" button at the top of the page.

It is possible to be too helpful? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey guys, I've been doing some reflecting over the past few days, and although it only came up once, something my ex said to me has stuck in my head. I was always the one to try and help her find a solution and help whatever problem she was in. If I didn't, or couldn't, come up with a good...

View more questions Search