Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Surakhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 02:00 AM
    Felony or Misdemeanor
    I was sentenced to two years probation for aggravated battery with intent. I completed the probation and was released by signature order of the DA's office that prosecuted me. However, two months after starting my probation a restitution hearing was held. Niether my probation office nor mself were informed of the hearing and a misdemeanor bench warrant was issued for failure to appear. In 2005 the VA stopped my disability compensation payments because I was a 'fugitive' and are demanding I pay back what I received since 2001 when the law took effect. The law states no compensation is to be paid if incarcerated for 60 days or a felony fugitive. Though the initial offense was a felony, I served my probation for that. The failure to appear was verified by a Sheriff as being a misdemeanor with $1,000.00 bail. I returned to Kansas and received a payment plan for the balance of restitution. This was also in misdemeanor court. Does the misdemeanor bench warrant for failure to appear qualify as a felony warrant because it was tied to a felony charge or is the VA wrong for stopping my payments?

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Felony or Misdemeanor? [ 3 Answers ]

Is wrongful use of cocaine a felony or misdemeanor it was a result from a special court martial so it's a federal conviction. I have done a lot of research, I have asked public defenders, attorneys and even military lawyers but I have not gotten an answer? I have heard New jersey justifies any...

I need 2 know if this is a misdemeanor or a felony in GA [ 1 Answers ]

Stealing a bank card & withdrawing $300.00 out of an atm, is it a misdemeanor or felony in the state of GA

Can I get felony reduced to misdemeanor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I wanted to find out if a felony can be reduced to a misdemeanor 2nd degree assaut was the felony charge. And how soon should a person do that... my public defender told me we should wait till I finish my probation which was for 3 years paid my restituition. The attorney said it is a one time...

Misdemeanor or Felony? [ 1 Answers ]

Is a probation violation a felony or a misdemeanor?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.