Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmck3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Wiring driving lights
    I have been trying to hook up driving lights to an 1999 Honda Accord EX.
    Previously when doing this I have controlled the driving light relay by a line running from the highbeam headlight to the relay and then to ground.
    Now when I do this the driving lights remain on continuously. This made me think that the ground side of the headlights was being switched.
    I have tried multiple possibilities of this simple wiring job and cannot get the results that I want. i.e. the driving lights come on and off with the highbeams.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Verify that when you hook 12 volts to coil, it makes and breaks relay contacts.
    With the coil to ground and the plus coming from headlight, when headlight switched off, the relay should open, lights go out.
    One of 2 problems exist, the hot from headlight switch is constant hot, not highbeam hot.
    Or contacts on relay welded, or stuck shut. Be sure to fuse power from battery to relay contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DRIVING with neon lights [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hmmm, this is my first try at this so forgive me if I do it wrong... Does anyone know if it is legal to drive in Southern California with lights on Your under carriage? I have blue neon lights that I can turn on or off under My truck! Thanks for the help!

Wiring basement - outlets/lights per circuit [ 3 Answers ]

I'm finishing my basement and I'm getting ready to do the wiring plan. I plan to have both outlets and lights on each circuit and I'm planning on 3 circuits (1 for a workshop (20Amp?), 2 (15 Amp?)for the rest of the basement including a rec room, craft room, bathroom, closets). Are there code...

Wiring circuits with smokes & lights [ 1 Answers ]

I am building my basement right now and have been reading about wiring and circuits. I thought I had everything figured out for my basement until I started looking into my lighting circuit today. I had a circuit that I thought I could easily add to, to handle my needs. I will be adding three...

Wiring question 14awg and Cabinet lights [ 3 Answers ]

I had an electrician install some under cabinet puck lights. The puck lights were a last minute addition to the recessed lights he installed. After watching him install the recessed lights I thought it looked easy so I put some more in myself in another room. I got all kind of books and read...

Wiring one switch for multiple lights [ 2 Answers ]

I understand the wiring for a single switch for a single light but what do I do with multiple lights on the one switch without making the whole circuit run off that switch. There are other outlets that need constant power on the same line as the two lights.

View more questions Search