Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgordo1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Journal entry transactions
    I have to record journal entries for the following transactions

Jan 4 -Purchases party favor from TL Max for cash outlay of $35.00 to be used at the forthcoming birth party schedule for Jan. 8th

Jan 8 Performed birthday party for $35 for Steven Family; collected cash of $245

What are the journal entries for the above transaction? Can you explain the transactions

Thanks
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 09:59 AM

Debit an expense account for the $35 and credit cash. The $245 received is your revenue, so debit cash for $245 and credit a revenue account.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 01:33 PM

Sounds to me like someone's homework question they cut and pasted.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...ard-25444.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entry / Double-entry software needed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a good software to use for daily journal entries and adjustments, that will allow me to create at least a balance sheet & income statement and perhaps a few reports (like inventory, accounts receivables). I need a real double-entry & simple reliable software. Peachtree &...

What do I debit/credit in journal entry/adjusting entry? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am unsure about the correct way to debit/credit these entries. Can someone help me? Window Washing Company opened on July 1, 2010. During July the following transactions were completed: July 1 Issued 14,456 shares of common stock for $14,456 cash. July 1 Purchased used truck for...

General Journal Transactions [ 1 Answers ]

When doing a general journal for a new business when you receive a phone bill that isn't due yet or your not having to write a check right then do you record that in the journal when you receive it or not until you pay for it?

View more questions Search