Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acfhpersonal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 03:03 PM
    Multi State company - where do I send the 1099's
    We are a multi state company. Our home base is Colorado, we have employees and independent contractors in several states. Do I have to send 1099 to the various State's or just our home based state?
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Jan 20, 2011, 03:10 PM

You are required by law to send form 1099 to each employee wherever they live.
    acfhpersonal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 04:56 PM
    Comment on Dr1757's post
    Yes, but am I required to send the 1099 to each state dept of revenue? Or just the state that my company home base is located?
    With W-2's I file them with each state tha the employee worked, and with the SSA.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 07:48 PM
    You must send the Form 1099 to the state tax department where they worked and where they lived.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to void 3 1099's, do I need to send an amended 1096? [ 1 Answers ]

I am needing to void 3 1099's I submitted for 2009 and issue W-2's instead. Do I need to send an amended 1096? If I do, what would I put for the total amount reported on the amended 1096?

Where do I send my contractor's Pennsylvania 1099's [ 3 Answers ]

We have 11 independent contractors. I issued 1099's to each. Now I have to file a copy with PA Department of Revenue. Where do I send them. Thanks Tom

Multi State employee [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My question is if I live in NJ, work for a Pennsylvania employer, but actually work in NY, What taxes should be deducted from my paycheck?

Multi-State Filing for Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Good afternoon! Here is my situation: I've lived in New Jersey for 3 years or so. I never switched my driver's license or permanent address because I commuted from my house in Pennsylvania. Now I work in Manhattan, and both my W-2s are representative of my NJ address. I'm trying to figure...

View more questions Search