Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikemasters Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 12:44 PM
    What evidence is needed to prove a parent unfit in Summit County, Ohio?
    After my ex took off to Ohio with the child for 4 years without a word, she decided to reside in New Castle, Pa. to finally let me spend some time with her. Even though the mother put "father unknown" on the birth certificate, I have always treated her as my child.(Paternity has yet to be established) The mother got a job at a gas station part-time. I made plans with her to take the child to meet my parents since they hadn't met her yet and the child was 7 yrs old. We were scheduled to leave July 11th, 2006 and she called on July 2nd stating that her family in Akron was having a family reunion on the 4th and she'd be back with the child on the 5th of July. The 11th came & went with no return and no calls. I went to her work and asked them to deliver a message to call me and her employer told me that she asked for over $50 of food because she had nothing in the home, and she would pay back out of her next pay, but she never returned to work. After driving to her Apartment in Pa 3 weeks in a row to check for her return, We realized she was not coming back. She abandoned her Apartment with all belongings. Then in September of 2006 when the new school year was about to start she called asking us to pick the child up in Akron and bring her to school in New Castle Pa. We told her no because it was illegal to do so, and then had no contact from her for over a year. And now she denies even asking us to do it. She has since then moved at least 10 times that I know of, forcing the child to go from school to school all over Ohio and now the child is 11 and only in 4th grade. She has ADD and is not on any meds or counseling that I know of, and now the mother says she wants me to sign the birth cetificate so her daughter won't be left out of my military life insurance policy if I die. After telling her she had to get court ordered DNA test before I would agree to sign, she got irrate and is now threatening to get support from me after paternity is established. She has openly lied to my family repeatedly about visiting with the child, and even after sending us emails with physical threats to my wife and stating that she will take me for whatever she can so she doesn't have to work anymore, she sends returned messages that her motives are not money related and I am a deadbeat father and should just do it because I "know" she is my child. I believe the mother may have psychological issues, and be too unstable to care for the child. I fear for the child's future due to the mothers behavior and illegal tendencies and want to take custody if I can. What type of evidence will I need to prove she is unfit?

Check out some similar questions!

How to prove my sister is Unfit? [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is 22 years old and has a two year old child. She lives with the baby's daddy, at his parents house. My sister and her child's dad are not together and they constantly fight. My sister does not work a lot of hours, she lives off the grandparents and expects the child's dad to do...

Does cps have to have evidence to prove me unfit? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 17 cps is saying I have to send my baby away to her grandmas in dallas until I get all my classes done.she has no reason to say that I'm unfit I've been trying as hard as possible doing everything she says.

Concrete evidence needed to GET REVOKED OFF PROBATION? [ 2 Answers ]

So what would be concrete evidence if someone was on probation and the probation officer was trying to revoke them? Say if someone said they were drinking? What would be the concrete evidence that would be needed to get them revoked?

Step Parent Unfit To Parent? [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how to prove a step parent unfit. My exhusband recently married a woman who my child is all but terrified of. I have asked my child several times what is wrong and they tell me this woman is mean, keeps the child from their father, slaps them, spanks them (which the woman...

What Kind of Evidence is Needed to Take me in for CASH [ 2 Answers ]

So I worked for this company who when it came to cash transactions was told to NOT PUT IT THROUGH and pretend that it was nothing so that way it didn't show in the books. Well now I am possibly being accused of taking about 2g's or so when it could have been anyone who had access to the till and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.