Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 11:20 AM
    Am I taking too many vitamins at once?
    I taek vitamin d, b, c, fish oil pill, and a multi vitamin. And will continue to do so, the only thing I'm wondering is, do you think it's bad to take all of these at once? I take them all at the same time in the morning after breakfast...

It just seems like I'm stuffing too much vitamin in my body at once, should I spread it out, I'd really rather not have to, I'd much rather just take them all at once, but I don't know, what do you think?

I am 19 and male
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 AM

Why not just take one multi-vitamin?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 20, 2011, 12:00 PM
    I take a large (100%) mutli, along with extra Vit C, fish oil and pro-biotics.
    All good ;)

As J_9 says it's a good idea to find a really good multi-vit as your starting base.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 06:12 PM

Ideally, spread out your vitamins, and take them with food. What you are taking seems fine, just split them up for different meal times if possible.
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 11:00 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    Because I'm low on vitamin d and have fatigue, and need extra vitamins just for now
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 02:13 PM

What is your diet like? What amounts of each vitamin are you taking? What amounts of each are in your multivitamin? What was your vitamin d level when you had it checked?

With so many foods and drinks fortified, you may be taking in more than you actually need (waste of your money) or than you should.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will the morning sickness end? Is not taking her prenatal vitamins bad? [ 4 Answers ]

I know someone that is pregnant. I know being pregnant is suppose to be like a specially and happy time in a persons life and she is, but she been having a lot of morning sickness, everything she eatz always comes right back up, and if she don't eat anything she still vomits. When will the morning...

Taking Vitamins separatly. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is it better to use vitamins separately than to buy Multivitaamin?

After vitamins [ 3 Answers ]

After removing IUD I was drinking pre natal vitamins , after 2 weeks I was seek (vomiting ) I stopped and everything was OK, after 4 month of trying to get pregnant I start drink multivitamin ( one a day women) and after 10 days I have same feeling... vomiting, What could...

Getting enough vitamins :? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all I have a little boy who is 6 going on 7 in July His weight varies from 17 kg- 20 kg and stands about 113cm there abouts Stand as a twig He loves pretty much all fruits n veg xcept pea's, corn n will only eat carrots raw. He rarely eats meat n I have to constantly ask him to eat his...

Vitamins [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to intake more than 5microgram vitamin D3 per day while you trying to conceive and during pregnancy. Because in prenatal, vitamin D3 is 5microgram so does in calcium pills. Please tell me!

View more questions Search