Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 10:15 AM

Yes I do I have it too times a weak but I don't think it is helping me.
    In this sentence the "too" should be two, the number.
    The word weak means not strong. A 7 day period is a week.

Do you get a list of the spelling words that you're required to learn?

My son is 12. He gets his spelling words on Monday and the spelling test is on Friday. That gives us all week to practice. Usually there are 20 words on the test, so we break it up.

He learns 5 words a day. We sit down, grab the dictionary, and look up the 5 words he will learn that day. I get him to write down the word and the definition. Then he writes the words out 10 times each, saying the letters out loud as he writes.

After all 5 words have been written 10 times we do a mini spelling test. Any words he writes incorrectly must be written out another 10 times.

We do this every day until all 20 words have been learned. The last day we do a practice test with all 20 words. Any words spelled incorrectly are once again written out 10 times, saying the letters out loud as he writes.

On the way to school in the morning I'll ask him to spell the words he's learned. We make a game out of it.

Since we've been doing this he's been getting 100% on his spelling tests. It's not easy. He puts a lot of time into this every evening and he still has other homework to do after the spelling, but that's what he has to do in order to learn.

Are you willing to try this?
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 10:18 AM

I get my nana to say the word, and then I spell them on a peace off payper
    The "I" should be capitalized, always.

Peace is the opposite of war. Piece is the word you should have used.

Paper, not payper (there's no such word).

Off is the opposite of on. Of is the word you should have used.
    ramdom123 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Yes I do get a spelling list to bring houme. But I wudn't beable to do the dicshionary fing

Jan 20, 2011, 10:20 AM
    I'm not lazy.

Jan 20, 2011, 10:22 AM
    OK

Jan 20, 2011, 10:23 AM
    Thank you
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 10:24 AM

yes I do get a spelling list to bring houme. But I wudn't beable to do the dicshionary fing
    Home, not houme.
    The word "I" is always capital.
    Wouldn't, not wudn't.
    Be able, not beable.
    Dictionary, not dicshionary.
    Thing, not fing.

Why can't you look up the words in the dictionary? You have internet access. There are many online dictionaries.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 10:24 AM

Do you text a lot?

Jan 20, 2011, 10:27 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Yes
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 10:28 AM

Random. I want to point out my signature, the words under my posts.

Please use the answer box to respond. It's at the bottom of the page. Just scroll down. The comment box is not a good way to post follow up info. Okay?

Also, the rating. I appreciate the numerous helpful ratings, but those are really only to be used when you've gotten very helpful advice. There's really no need to give a helpful rating for every post. There's also no reason for the unhelpful rating you gave me, as all my posts have been factually correct or opinion. Unhelpful ratings are for factually incorrect information only. Okay?

Jan 20, 2011, 10:32 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Y do you won't 2 now if I text a lot?

Jan 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
    I don't understand what you meeeeeeeeen??

Jan 20, 2011, 10:35 AM
    Nop, it sowds 2 hard and borin

Jan 20, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Y did u ask if I txt a lot?

Jan 20, 2011, 10:37 AM
    Ye I dooooooooooooo
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 10:51 AM

nop, it sowds 2 hard and borin
    Well then, I guess you'll never learn to spell correctly.

We've asked you not to use chat/text speak, but you continue to do so. Texting is against the rules of this site. Do you understand what that means? It means that you're not allowed to text here. You've been made aware of that rule now, so there's no excuse to continue.

I've asked you to use the answer box, not the comment box, but you continue to use comments. The answer box is at the bottom of your page. Use your mouse and scroll down.

I've also asked you to stop rating every post. Rating is the helpful/unhelpful option. Helpful is for advice you consider accurate and helpful. Unhelpful is for factually incorrect information. I'll give you an example. If I posted that that the earth is flat, that would warrant an unhelpful rating, because the earth is in fact round. That info wouldn't be correct. Unhelpful ratings cannot be given for opinion. Stating that someone is lazy is opinion, and considering that you're unwilling to post using complete words, I'd say that opinion is pretty accurate.

We're more than willing to help, but you have to put in some effort. Your ramblings above show that you're not only unwilling to put in that effort, but you're not taking this seriously.

If you're not going to take it seriously than I won't stick around to help.

If you're going to continue posting here than follow the rules I've outlined. The rules are for everyone. Failure to obey the rules could lead to you being banned from the site.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trunecy (did I spell that right?) [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I am 18 years of age and I was wondering, does trunecy still effect you at 18? I am in my senior year of high school and I have missed a bit of school (not that I'm just out right skipping, I have reasons) so I was wondering if they can still get me for it and what are the punishments for...

Husband can't spell my name [ 19 Answers ]

After 20 years of marriage.. and all of our ups and downs, last night I was numbed by the fact that my husband can't spell my name. He asked for our email, and when I gave it to him, he wrote it down. Later when I picked up the paper, he had everything spelled right, except for my first name. My...

Love spell [ 38 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a good love spell to do to get a guy at my job to become interested? Yea I know it may be a little against free will, but that doesn't bother me. And, yes I'm aware of possible karma( be careful what you ask for) consequences. But... I still would like one that's simple and I...

How to spell [ 8 Answers ]

How do you spell malevolence?

How do you spell.. . [ 1 Answers ]

How do you spell the plural of wanna-be? Wanna-bes doesn't look right! How about wanna-bees?

View more questions Search