Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PHXCrystal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
    Excel Links to another spreadsheet
    I read a reply from JBeaucaire regarding a same issue. Please forgive me - I'm not familiar with formuals. I tried JBeaucaire's answer step by step and it didn't work.
    Source spreadsheet name: 2010-2011 Dealer Training Records.xlsx
    Destination spreadsheet name: March 3-5 Roster, 1.20.11.xlsx
    Cells to link: A3:Z32
    My formula looked like this: =[2010-2011 Dealer Training Records.xlsx]3.3.11!$A$3
    I placed this in the destination spreadsheet in an unused cell. Any suggestions?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 08:33 AM

There are more responses in your original thread.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/spread...nk-211336.html

This formula should probably have some apostrophes in there, too, hard to see, but they're there:

='[2010-2011 Dealer Training Records.xlsx]3.3.11'!$A$3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS Excel spreadsheet changing numbers [ 4 Answers ]

I have a spreadsheet where I enter credit card numbers, 16 digits. One note, I have the field setup as a custom format, that displays in the custom format as ####-####-####-####. This way it automatically adds the 4 dashes. For some reason, it always changes the last digit to zero. For...

How to calculate NPV using an excel spreadsheet [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use an excel spreadsheet to calculate the value of a flow of net income at a certain rate. Lets say the net income (revenues less expenses) is for 10 years. Ex; value of a commercial building with a purchase price, a stream of revenue and expenses over ten years discounted a certain rate

Displaying formulas in Excel Spreadsheet [ 1 Answers ]

Formula currently appears in the cell rather than formula result value. I want the result value to appear in the cell and the formula to appear only in the formula bar. How do I make this change? I am working in Excel 2003.

Excel Spreadsheet [ 1 Answers ]

I need a macro or something for a website that has a excel spreadsheet. My client has a excel spreadsheet out on a website. They have invoice # on the excel spreadsheet and want to be able to scan the invoice and have it linked to the invoice on the website so clients can see the scanned document....

Excel Spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can get an Excel spreadsheet to open at start-up? Thanks!

View more questions Search